Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Will a Rubicon owner step up to the plate? battle of egos here

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2000, 11:16 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

MudMachine,
No it is a different bike. Clifton's bike has 27"BiclawTriclaw Lift Locker Pipe K&N Snorkel Clutch Kit

If some one wants to talk trash about wolverines not being mud worthy, I wouldn't do it around this guy, unless you are on a SP500 well equipped.

What are you doing to your clutch?

Greg

Old 07-02-2000, 12:04 AM
Pro Rider

Tree Farmer, Gregsims (whom I've never spoken to ever) seems to be calling out the other four-wheelers.(Not the riders) He's challenged the bikes; not the people that ride the other wheelers. There is other "brand loyalist" that have spoken out that they can out-do a SP (or anything else.) Surely some of these riders have "riding talent". Maybe they can out-perform Greg's SP! Here is they're chance to prove it. Greg has offered the others a chance to prove that in general mudding,racing,etc., that they can beat HIS SP (not Greg)Some will say "my wheeler will out-last Greg's SP." It may, but he DID NOT post that it wouldn't.He just wants a FRIENDLY atv mud event. There is "other brand" talented riders out there, we all know that is a fact. Let's Leave the "prize money issue" out. later Polcat

Old 07-02-2000, 12:39 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Since you speak for gregsims, polcat2, please clarify: Is the contest to determine the best ATV in these limited contests? If so, then contestants need only provide the machines to be ridden by the various riders; the machine with the best total or average time would appear superior in the tested situations, since variables of rider skill have been neutralized by multiple riders.

Or, is this a contest of gregsims riding skill? In this case, any quad will do, as long as gregsims and his challengers each ride the identical quad.

Or, is this a contest, gregsims & his quad, versus anyone else and his given quad?

Until now, I thought gregsims wished to establish the superiority of Polaris; after reading your post, I'm not sure. If confirming Polaris superiority is the goal, multiple riders exchanging ATV's must be used to produce valid data not skewed by rider skill variables.

Tree Farmer

Old 07-02-2000, 05:55 AM
Trailblazer

Don't let that SP500 or you're ol lady stand in your way from getting an Ogasmgreg. Please I'm new to the game but i ride with people that would take your as$ to schooooooool. Now I'll tell you what you let me know when u can come to ol KY. And I'll keep you up for a night and feed your sorry butt. Then I'll take u to Livingston EXIT909 = BUTT WHOOOOPING. I'll send u back to school with a RANCHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-02-2000, 11:30 AM
Pro Rider

I wish I could make it up but theat is a little far for me. As far as anyone giving me a whooooopin on a Rancher, I think someone has been smokin CRACK.

One Rancher did make it to the final in the Last Mud Race at FNP but the 3 SP500s finshed the race before he finished one lap. It is a fine bike but it lasts the power to really sling the thick mud like a SP500. It also lacks ground clearance because of the rear axel.

Hell, if I keep getting offers from people to put me up and feed me and take me riding, I may just quit my job and go on the road.

Greg

Old 07-02-2000, 11:34 AM
Pro Rider

I do not speak for Greg. I do not even know him. I have been reading these post. The posts clearly state the events that he has challenged.(I could care less who has the best 4-wheeler.) If no one likes his ideas for a mud and racing event, then maybe they need to make up their own events and challenge him. My point is: I have never heard of a race where riders swap machines. That is what the manufacturers do while DESIGNING machines. When racing, you ride or drive what YOU bring. Also, I'm sure there is PLENTY of talented riders in Texas. I doubt that anyone who answers his challenge is going to be a "greenhorn". later Polcat

Old 07-02-2000, 12:19 PM
Range Rover

Getting all those folks together would be just a waste of time. You are the biggest, baddest, most talented rider in North America. On top of that you drive the absolute, unquestionably best atv on the market. We know .... you have constantly told us so and why would we doubt an authority such as yourself?

Temp

Old 07-02-2000, 05:34 PM
Pro Rider

Gregsims: I have a 300,Rancher,400,and Rubicon at my disposal. I'll issue my own challenge to YOU. I am not knocking any brand, just your dumb TEXAS butt. Up here we ride with anyone and everyone, because everyone needs help once in awhile. But since i have been to PLANO and other parts of Texas, maybe you need to find a bit more challenging area to ride in. I am not paying for anything of yours, but you get up here we can have your little contest. This way YOU can put up of shut up! Heck bring some friends (like atving), I won't even be so naive to say i would win on any machine. But i will challenge your skills to mine any day in the real world of riding or barrels (if you must and think it is relevant), you pick. Just come on up, and the RUBY and me will send you back to TEXAS begging you pretty wife to buy HONDA, good day and have a good Fourth of JULY

PS: Does your dad teach at Frisco High School as a biology teacher. If so we know him, you should have been taught better coming from a gentlman like that.

Old 07-02-2000, 05:44 PM
guy
Range Rover

Get ready to want a Sportsman, he's gonna tear you up in the mud.

Old 07-02-2000, 06:01 PM
Pro Rider

Guy: Have rode a SP500, Good machines and are better in some mud, not tundra. Don't matter, he issued a challenge and i'll ride against him. Nothing to loose, I go out my back door for fun, I just want to take Gregsims with me once. He will either want a Honda or to move up here and i have another riding partner (100% chance he will want a HONDA). Either way i win. Good day!

Quick Reply: Will a Rubicon owner step up to the plate? battle of egos here