Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

450R's on the east coast

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2004, 11:24 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 450R's on the east coast

My dealer (in Maryland) advised me my 450R has arrived and can be picked up tomorrow. Unfortunately, the combination of snow, freezing temperatures and recent shoulder surgery will keep me from offering a ride report for a couple of weeks.

Old 01-29-2004, 11:59 PM
Pro Rider

that stinks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 01-31-2004, 01:50 AM
Weekend Warrior

I happened to ride by my dealer this evening and the manager said my TRX450R arrived at 9:45 am but
I cannot have it so they can use it at the Baltimore show for the weekend "roped off on a platform".
Thanks Honda Dealer. Not even a call.
But I suppose that is cool that it is my bike that everyone will be drueling over. Monday morning the
power up kit goes in and that afternoon the break-in begins, that is about an hour right?
was that right to keep my bike from me for another weekend?

still waiting

Old 01-31-2004, 01:57 AM
Weekend Warrior

Hey raptor450rmd
that would not be on G Bridge rd would it
officer

Old 01-31-2004, 10:48 AM
Weekend Warrior

The owner's manual recommends a 15 mile break-in period. That's probably about an hours worth of riding. I would expect the dealer should have told you your quad was in and asked permission to use it in the show. It's your quad. The good news is, the weathers so lousy, you wouldn't have been able to ride much this weekend anyway and now your bike's famous. I am on G. B. Road. How did you know that?

Old 01-31-2004, 04:15 PM
Weekend Warrior

I am reaching hear but, I only knew of a small quad track (from the sound and a friend) was built on land purchased next to my parents farm and i heard the profession of that person would require him to wear blue, like the little dude with mustache.

small world if this is you.

My step brother and I followed Josh to this track (just to see) during the Holiday We did not utilize the facility so as not to jeopardize Josh's own permissions to ride whatever they may be. Good kid this Josh ... so far.

I bought a trx350se in may and luv it but it only gave me a taste for more speed hopefully every one will be able to quench this thirst with The All New TRX450R.

I am excited to recieve the first floor model/ demo trx450r. and what are you talking about weather I rode almost every day last week.

I was going to order nerf bars from DG but at $249 I may wait a month. for a better deal ... says my dealer who is probably sitting on my quad right now.

About G B Rd I have been terrorizing that wonderful stretch for about 25 years now and am still friend to most of the farmers.
This road also belongs to the great Travis Pastrana.
I am on the way to the farm now
If you are the person I am thinking of I am sure we will meet soon umm I cant lie Idid freeze last week so maybe in warmer weather

My goal is to race this thing maybe!

I am curious who your dealer is I may buy all accesories from them since my dealer cares not about my opinion, which would have been sure put it in the show!

Old 02-01-2004, 11:42 AM
Weekend Warrior

It is a small world. Who are your parents? I bought my quad from Talbot Lawn & Cycle in Easton, Md. The owner, Don, keeps a small building at the Landing MX Motocross park in Easton where he works on the weekends selling parts and accessories. That's where I first met him. He gave me information about the 450R when they first announced it, took my deposit and put me on the waiting list. They were very honest and good people to buy from. I usually buy accessories online or mail order because its cheaper and easier. Most of the other dealers near us gouge the customers with full list price, freight, set-up, document prep, etc. and it ends up being $1000 more than what people in other parts of the country pay.

Trending Topics

Old 02-02-2004, 09:55 PM
Weekend Warrior

I got mine today!

Very clean being just upacked from the show, but that did not last long.

Dealer said break-in 20 hrs.
Im guesing at what half throttle is.
I have a friend with a dyno maybe it will work for this small of a wheel base, I got the powerup kit as well.
then another dyno run just out of curiosity.

hey raptor450r my parents have the horse farm adjacent to you, Bobby and Brenda, and my sister lives in the
house across the pond there in the woods west of you as 50 goes.

I let Josh ride it a bit and he said you were not home when he went by. Your raptor sounds formidable.

gotta go

Old 02-12-2004, 03:34 PM
Trailblazer

What's going on? I didn't think anyone from the east coast was on this form. If you guys are in Easton I am only 20 min. from you. How is the Landing I haven't riden out there yet. I heard there is a track just for ATV's.