Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Dirt Wheels shootout

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2004 | 07:36 PM
Pro Rider
Default Dirt Wheels shootout

I am not a fan of Suzuki but i heard they are making a 450 that is "suppose" to be better. I thought that the z 400 handles pretty good. If their new 450(whenever it comes out) handles good it might be able to beat the yamaha and honda 450's.

Old 01-30-2004 | 07:36 PM
Pro Rider

Maybe someone sent in a letter to them telling them about there biased honda shootouts and they wanted to prove those poeple wrong. I agree, in the last issue they said it was the best. Just goes to show you that you cant trust dirtwheels.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-30-2004 | 07:42 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: z250freak
Maybe someone sent in a letter to them telling them about there biased honda shootouts and they wanted to prove those poeple wrong. I agree, in the last issue they said it was the best. Just goes to show you that you cant trust dirtwheels.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
I call it inconsistency, you just never know what they are going to pull out of their *****.

pimp250r suzuki does deserve a lot of credit because just a short 4-5 years years ago they were one the laughing stocks of the atv industry until they totally turned it around and have one heck of an atv lineup now. They are now considered one of the "BIG 3"

Old 01-30-2004 | 07:52 PM
Pro Rider

yeah, something needs to be done to get polaris and suzuki into it with honda and yamaha. I walk into a motorsports store here, I see 20 yamahas and hondas, 2 suzukis and a polaris. They had 5 400ex's, 1 yfz450, warriors, raptors, 300ex's, 250ex's, rincon's etc and banshee

then 1 z400 and another suzuki bike, and 1 predator

Old 01-30-2004 | 07:57 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: pimp250r
yeah, something needs to be done to get polaris and suzuki into it with honda and yamaha. I walk into a motorsports store here, I see 20 yamahas and hondas, 2 suzukis and a polaris. They had 5 400ex's, 1 yfz450, warriors, raptors, 300ex's, 250ex's, rincon's etc and banshee

then 1 z400 and another suzuki bike, and 1 predator
Just goes to show you the brand loyalty with honda and yamaha, VERY STRONG

Old 01-30-2004 | 08:16 PM
Pro Rider

it would be cool to have both tho. my neighbor has a polaris trailboss 2x4 I think it is, anyways, if his e button doesnt work, it has a pull start for backup. kudo's to polaris for that
ya what year is his...b/c i know alot of the older honda's including the 3 wheeler we own have both too...i would assume that for all of them back then...b/c back then theyre was like 3 racing bikes...everything else was for the trail rider....now as much as ever companies are trying to make somthing for everyone and please the racers also....

what they should do is make them like cars with options! haha...wouldnt that be fun!

Old 01-30-2004 | 08:42 PM
Range Rover

I don't even know why they put the Gas Gas in that shoot out they barely even talked about it. I finally got the newest issue of DW today and read that article. It really seemed like they weren't too impressed with the Honda. Not like they were with the Yamaha. And you people say DW is honda Biased. This just proves that they are not. I take there word for it. The Yamaha is probably better. Sorry Honda, you let us down. Now you need a 650EX. So we can gossip about if it's going to beat the Raptor, DS, V-Force, and all the other so called "big boys". Honda better start working on one now, maybe it will be here in 4 years, that is if they start now.

Old 01-30-2004 | 08:48 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: 2Fast4U400ex
I don't even know why they put the Gas Gas in that shoot out they barely even talked about it. I finally got the newest issue of DW today and read that article. It really seemed like they weren't too impressed with the Honda. Not like they were with the Yamaha. And you people say DW is honda Biased. This just proves that they are not. I take there word for it. The Yamaha is probably better. Sorry Honda, you let us down. Now you need a 650EX. So we can gossip about if it's going to beat the Raptor, DS, V-Force, and all the other so called "big boys". Honda better start working on one now, maybe it will be here in 4 years, that is if they start now.
Your going to let the little $hits from dirtwheels help you decide which quad is better? Heres an idea, grow some and throw a leg over both of them and find out which one you prefer, now thats how you do a shootout.

Old 01-30-2004 | 08:52 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: arobred400
Originally posted by: 2Fast4U400ex
Your going to let the little $hits from dirtwheels help you decide which quad is better? Heres an idea, grow some and throw a leg over both of them and find out which one you prefer, now thats how you do a shootout.
true, but It's too darn cold out to ride right now. I wanna see you jump on a quad when it's -25 with out windchill. I'll take there word for it for now. Until spring anyways.

Old 01-30-2004 | 08:57 PM
Trailblazer

AHHH, Minnesota freckin cold i take it, i thought it was bad here in southern illinois with 7 degree temps out

Quick Reply: Dirt Wheels shootout