Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

I have a chunk of wood sticking out of my tire, need new ones RAZR's or RAZR 2's????

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2004, 03:44 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I have a chunk of wood sticking out of my tire, need new ones RAZR's or RAZR 2's????

I was out ridin today and i got a chunk of wood stuck in the sidewall of my front tire, not sure how it got there and it doesnt matter, also cracked my brand new plastic -fun day, no i am in the market for new front tires, I have RAZR's in the back and i am satisfied with them so now i wanna get some RAZR fronts, whichones should i get? i do alot of riding, many terrains but mostly packed dirt trails, loose dirt trails, muddy trails, snow and ice so i was wondering which was more agressive and are the RAZR 2's worth the extra money, they're about 1/3 more than the RAZR's

Old 02-01-2004, 03:25 PM
Pro Rider
Default I have a chunk of wood sticking out of my tire, need new ones RAZR's or RAZR 2's????

The Razr 2's you can get in higher ply ratings which lowers the chance of this being a recurring problem.

Old 02-01-2004, 04:48 PM
Pro Rider

The highest ply you can get with both are 6-ply. I would just get the regular razrs just cuz they are cheaper.

Old 02-01-2004, 04:51 PM
Pro Rider

I was riding my 4x4 once and the same thing happend to me. The wood was shaped like a spear at the end so when it went in it was in deep. The tire was not leaking air becuase the wood was in real tight. Luckily i had a chain saw on board. I cut the wood as close to the tire as i could and it worked great. I have been riding on it ever since..

Old 02-01-2004, 05:16 PM
Pro Rider

thanks for all the info, im gonna go with a tire and wheel package (RAZR's on Douglas .190's) for $175 from magic racing

fridge1- I didnt even notice the piece of wood sticking out of my tire at first until i stopped on the ice and tried to get going again but the tires were spinning like i had my front brakes on, thats when i noticed the tire, it was FLAT, i mean there was absolutly no air in it but I didnt let it ruin my day, still drove 40-50 mph on the frozen lake and 65 on the road, wasnt even noticable until i started to decellerate, then it would pull to the right really bad, no accidents and suprisingly I didn't get a single new dent on my front rims from doing that.

Old 02-01-2004, 06:09 PM
Pro Rider

You can usually ride on flats becuase when you are riding there is not much wieght on them

Old 02-01-2004, 06:36 PM
Pro Rider

thats true with alot of tires but the stock 400ex tires are SOFT, prolly the softest tires i have ever seen so they didnt hold up the weight of the quad like a harder tire would

Old 02-01-2004, 07:59 PM
Pro Rider

why not take tire off,get patch kit not plug kit,use abrader or tire shop has air tool to grind a little off clean it w the alcohol ,hit the tire rubber w vulcanizing cement let it sit a minute or so then put patch on it,use the wheel to spread it out make sure it sticks,good year has a combo patch plug kit that gets it both ways.That combo kit work great remount an put air in it make sure it hold.If ya ride on roads or high speed which is really a no no then go for new tire,I wouldnt do this on a car or truck as the sidewall has alot of flex on alo speed atv if it comes off,it wont likely wont be catasptrophic.Trying to save u a few bucks but on the other hand sometimes being cheap can cost u so much more.Its your call an your pocket book,like I said if ya can patch it w tha tplug.patch combo,an it works take it easy cause this is 1 of them if ya do ya damned an if ya dont ya damned.Good luck