Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

450r!! The Honda is a great choice.

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2004, 04:36 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 450r!! The Honda is a great choice.

lol im a die hard honda fan but i dont think the 450r is the best lol.

Old 02-04-2004, 04:37 PM
Pro Rider

o yea and im not going to say what the "best" quad is b/c dont want to start junk and i dont think there is a best. my idea of the best quad is one that can race and do stuff that a utile can pluse other things, and has like a built in power washer and...

Old 02-04-2004, 05:17 PM
Trailblazer

Sounds like he has alot of Honda's setting around on the show room floor he needs to sell. Being a multibrand dealer you would think you would try and push your other brand or brands as well. Just my opinion.

Old 02-04-2004, 05:29 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: dunefool
For everyone out there that is contemplating which bike or atv to buy next, I would suggest considering a Honda. You probably have heard that Honda takes their time when building their products. We all want the best product and want it now, but don't you want to buy a product that is first and foremost reliable. I do! I don't have any trouble with Honda taking their time building and refining the 450r. Honda has been working on this bike for many years now, long before the yfz came out. Honda wants to get you a product that will run reliably and perform great. It is very well know that Yamaha has been first out on the market with all of their recent sport quads. All "first out" means is first on the market, not first to have a machine that is honestly tested and ready to go. I work at a multi-line dealer and know from experience. I can't believe how reliable Honda's are. Yamaha always has great peak power numbers on their bikes. If you buy a Yamaha, buy a second or third year Yamaha because that is when they will finally have it refined. As far as power is concerned, It shouldn't be a problem to have my 450r running at 52 to 57 RWH once I add my mods to it. If a 50 horsepower bike that handles better than a 400ex doesn't sound good then I'm not sure what your looking for. If you want a great drag racing atv then get a Banshee and put a 4** kit in it. A 50+ horsepower 400ex sounds pretty good to me for a all around bike. Any intelligent comments or questions encouraged.
Of all my Yamaha's the only problem I have had on any is the valve adjustment I did on my 285 that was off!!! My fault, I bought new valves, corrected My problem!!!! Other than that, I have yet to have a problem out of ANY of my Yamaha's!

Old 02-04-2004, 05:57 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: Eric250EX
lol im a die hard honda fan but i dont think the 450r is the best lol.

I like honda and always have but there are so many bikes out now honda is not always gonna be on top.

Old 02-04-2004, 06:00 PM
Pro Rider

. You will find very few who will argue on that point, but if you really do work at a multiline dealer, then you will know that Honda is losing this "title"

Recalls are a good thing. Ask any '01 Raptor owner. The # of recalls a company does has absolutely nothing to do with reliability. You have to take into account the # of atvs sold, and the % of quads repaired. Some companies recall more than others is a good thing.

Old 02-04-2004, 06:03 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Ridley
57 hp out of the TRX motor, lol.......Bullshiz. Easy nonetheless? LMAO. You better be gettin that baby drunk, adding a turbo, or turning it into a 550, cause you ain't getting there on the 450 bore(not on NA and gas), guaranteed, and not at all unless you have more money than brains. There's VERY little to work with to get more ponies outta the TRX, you should be gizzing in your pants if you even break the 50 mark.
Gettem RID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-04-2004, 06:48 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Ridley
57 hp out of the TRX motor, lol.......Bullshiz. Easy nonetheless? LMAO. You better be gettin that baby drunk, adding a turbo, or turning it into a 550, cause you ain't getting there on the 450 bore(not on NA and gas), guaranteed, and not at all unless you have more money than brains. There's VERY little to work with to get more ponies outta the TRX, you should be gizzing in your pants if you even break the 50 mark.
The 2004 CRF450 is putting out 56 HP in it's stock form so yes it's possible but at what cost? Lots of $$'s and reliability. That's why once I saw the dyno numbers on the TRX I bought a CRF450 for the motor, carb, etc., to build a custom quad and I'm parting the rest of the bike out on ebay.

Old 02-04-2004, 06:57 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: briansgi
The 2004 CRF450 is putting out 56 HP in it's stock form
But that's at the crank. There talking about HP at the wheels. Which is a lot lower.

Old 02-04-2004, 07:46 PM
Pro Rider

I said intelligent responses only please! Also, who said that I would keep it at 450cc Ridley??? I probably shouldn't even mention numbers in a forum like this.

Quick Reply: 450r!! The Honda is a great choice.