Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

450r!! The Honda is a great choice.

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2004, 01:19 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 450r!! The Honda is a great choice.

So what are all of these Yamaha fans doing on a Honda thread anyway, interested in their next bike maybe?? Lost their last lucky tooth and now they think they can upstage everyone with their knowledge. Move on to the Yamaha site and also go see the dentist tomorrow.

Old 02-06-2004, 01:29 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Ridley
'SLIP" as in the page that gets printed out on the dyno!! Geeez, do I need to teach a class in Jargon as well? If you don't keep the stock bore it's illegal for the most of the racers, who gives a rat @ss if it makes 55hp but is illegal?????. If I wanted a drag bike I'd buy a shee and have it pumpin 150HP for the same money as your piped TRX. You do "everything" on this bike and you'll still be far behind a YFZ with "everything" Period, no ifs ands or @sses.
Well I can say this, I know from the guys that have some CRF450R dirtbikes, that with the same mods as the Yamaha YZF bikes, I'm talking EXACT mods! The yamaha makes more hp!! As far as the quads go, the yamaha in stock form is still less in displacement than the honda but still faster, go figure!!! Trust me! The YFZ can make alot of HP out of minimal mods as compared to the Honda!

Old 02-06-2004, 01:29 AM
Pro Rider

First of all, I'm not a saleman. Second, what is your guess on the percentage of people that will buy a yfz or trx and need to keep it under 450cc so that they can race. I am not saying anything about the yfz not having power. All I'm saying is that Honda's, in my experience, have been more reliable and that the 450r will produce 50+ with no restrictions on mods. There are many people out there that will buy this machine and big bore it, I'm sure you would agree.

Old 02-06-2004, 01:53 AM
Pro Rider

I also agree, 99% of the people I know as well will keep the Motor stock!! I modified my bikes because I race in Mod classes!!! Also, get this, AMA rules, if you have a "gripper seat cover", you are no longer considered in the stock class, you are in mod! LOL!!

Old 02-07-2004, 01:58 AM
The Facility

First of all.....I never said that having a large ammount of recalls was a bad thing. I was was proving the point that Honda has just as many, if not more, problems on new arrival machines than any other OEM

Secondly, dunefool, why do you edit everyone of your posts??? Make up your mind. You say one thing, and then change your mind when someone calls you on it??

Third, The CPSC hasn't gotten involved in any OEM recall with Honda or Yamaha except for when safety has been the key issue [ofcourse], and all of those to date have been the OEM bringing the issue up with the CPSC and not the other way around.[Like the 400EX brake problem]........If you want to look at things that way, consider that Kawasaki has had the CPSC COME TO THEM time and time again regarding the brake problems on the KVF300 and KVF400......both models which have been discontinued. The 01 Raptor tranny issue, as far as I know, is still being debating by Yamaha and is still being investigated by the CPSC.

So.......before thinking that I am talking trash, consider the fact that I was only answering the first question of this topic which was comparing reliability issues between Honda and Yamaha regarding first year models......and nothing more.

Old 02-08-2004, 02:04 AM
Pro Rider

Sometimes it just comes down to your ability to take care of your machine.

I do believe that Honda makes some bullet proof machines, but in the other hand, sometimes there are a set off of the line that just break down more than others.