Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

450r!! The Honda is a great choice.

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2004, 01:28 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 450r!! Honda

For everyone out there that is contemplating which bike or atv to buy next, I would suggest considering a Honda. You probably have heard that Honda takes their time when building their products. We all want the best product and want it now, but don't you want to buy a product that is first and foremost reliable. I do! I don't have any trouble with Honda taking their time building and refining the 450r. Honda has been working on this bike for many years now, long before the yfz came out. Honda wants to get you a product that will run reliably and perform great. It is very well know that Yamaha has been first out on the market with all of their recent sport quads. All "first out" means is first on the market, not first to have a machine that is honestly tested and ready to go. I work at a multi-line dealer and know from experience. I can't believe how reliable Honda's are. Yamaha always has great peak power numbers on their bikes. If you buy a Yamaha, buy a second or third year Yamaha because that is when they will finally have it refined. As far as power is concerned, It shouldn't be a problem to have my 450r running at 52 to 57 RWH once I add my mods to it. If a 50 horsepower bike that handles better than a 400ex doesn't sound good then I'm not sure what your looking for. If you want a great drag racing atv then get a Banshee and put a 4** kit in it. A 50+ horsepower 400ex sounds pretty good to me for a all around bike. Any intelligent comments or questions encouraged.

Old 02-04-2004, 01:54 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Default 450r!! Honda

Those were some deep thoughts

Old 02-04-2004, 02:00 AM
The Facility
Default 450r!! Honda

LMAO!!!!!!!

Old 02-04-2004, 02:39 AM
The Facility
Default 450r!! The Honda is a great choice.

dunefool,
Don't take this the wrong way, because I never set out to offend anyone. Just my points of view on the very subject you mention.

Honda does build reliable engines. You will find very few who will argue on that point, but if you really do work at a multiline dealer, then you will know that Honda is losing this "title"

Honda's recalls in the past 5 to 6 years way exceed that of Yamaha in the same time span. Let me list a few to see if it stirs some memories.

1. Honda 450ES....
CDI on 98 models
ESP modules on 99-00 models

2. Honda 350 Rancher
ESP modules on 00 models
Shift plate on 00-01 models
A-arm bracket on 00-01 models

3. Honda 400EX
The rear brake pads were put on backwards on the first few hundred of 1999

4. Honda 500 Rubicon
Shift sensor on 01 models

5. Honda 650 Rincon
Swingarm bolts on 03 models
Some 03 models had bolts left loose on the rearend

Seems to me that Honda has some issues with 1st and 2nd year runs of a new model on their own.....and let's not even get into the 7 recalls that apply to the mother of all touring bikes.......the GL1800 GoldWing.

Old 02-04-2004, 03:07 AM
Pro Rider

Thanks for your comments. Not worried about Gold wings myself. This bike alone has no equal though, difficult to compare. It also has a trillion different parts on it. Most recalls that Honda has are, like some you mentioned, human error. I am talking about Honda products as a product, they are very good and it sounds like you agree. Thanks

Old 02-04-2004, 05:06 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll just add that it isn't 80's anymore and Honda is no longer king in either the ATV or dirt bike markets. I never thought I would see it come to this but look around, it's true.

Old 02-04-2004, 05:11 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: dunefool
For everyone out there that is contemplating which bike or atv to buy next, I would suggest considering a Honda. You probably have heard that Honda takes their time when building their products. We all want the best product and want it now, but don't you want to buy a product that is first and foremost reliable. I do! I don't have any trouble with Honda taking their time building and refining the 450r. Honda has been working on this bike for many years now, long before the yfz came out. Honda wants to get you a product that will run reliably and perform great. It is very well know that Yamaha has been first out on the market with all of their recent sport quads. All "first out" means is first on the market, not first to have a machine that is honestly tested and ready to go. I work at a multi-line dealer and know from experience. I can't believe how reliable Honda's are. Yamaha always has great peak power numbers on their bikes. If you buy a Yamaha, buy a second or third year Yamaha because that is when they will finally have it refined. As far as power is concerned, It shouldn't be a problem to have my 450r running at 52 to 57 RWH once I add my mods to it. If a 50 horsepower bike that handles better than a 400ex doesn't sound good then I'm not sure what your looking for. If you want a great drag racing atv then get a Banshee and put a 4** kit in it. A 50+ horsepower 400ex sounds pretty good to me for a all around bike. Any intelligent comments or questions encouraged.
YES. ANOTHER TRX LUVER! I can not wait till I get old enough to race the TRX or the YFZ!

Old 02-04-2004, 02:02 PM
Range Rover

At least Honda will recall the quads whn a problem occurs, Yamaha on the other hand will just think of a way to blame problems on the rider.

Old 02-04-2004, 02:47 PM
Pro Rider

Yamaha says it's not our fault that the '01 transmissions are going out by the thousands on the Raptors but we will fix it in '02.

Old 02-04-2004, 04:33 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Those were some deep thoughts

LOL.

Quick Reply: 450r!! The Honda is a great choice.