Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

450r!! The Honda is a great choice.

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2004, 02:40 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 450r!! The Honda is a great choice.

Originally posted by: Ridley
Just read in a new dirt bike rag today that their getting 56 from their high dollar 500CRF kit, but thats at the crank(assumingly so since they said it dynoed over 51 stock and all the dyno's Ive seen is about 46-47 stock), so maybe you will be leaving stains in your skivies soon since thats gonna ALMOST be 50 at the wheels, lol. Better make yours a 600 to get 57, lol. (5 hp for 2 grand?? I told you VERY little potential) Your right, you shouldn't mention numbers in a forum with members who know their shiz mister salesman. We're not your average customers that will fall subject to any fancy rhetoric, we'll call Bullshiz on stupid statements like that EVERYTIME.

Yeah sorry brian, but that 56 hp is about 47-48 at the wheels on a bike and about 45 on a quad. Heck, I'll give ya an extra 2 hp just for fun, and it's still not looking real impressive
when was the last time a 450 yama won a supercross or motorcross race.kevin windam on a honda 450 is the only 4 stroke i have seen win in a year and a half.the honda must be plenty fast.

Old 02-05-2004, 03:00 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: adunealine
Just read in a new dirt bike rag today that their getting 56 from their high dollar 500CRF kit, but thats at the crank(assumingly so since they said it dynoed over 51 stock and all the dyno's Ive seen is about 46-47 stock), so maybe you will be leaving stains in your skivies soon since thats gonna ALMOST be 50 at the wheels, lol. Better make yours a 600 to get 57, lol. (5 hp for 2 grand?? I told you VERY little potential) Your right, you shouldn't mention numbers in a forum with members who know their shiz mister salesman. We're not your average customers that will fall subject to any fancy rhetoric, we'll call Bullshiz on stupid statements like that EVERYTIME.

Yeah sorry brian, but that 56 hp is about 47-48 at the wheels on a bike and about 45 on a quad. Heck, I'll give ya an extra 2 hp just for fun, and it's still not looking real impressive
when was the last time a 450 yama won a supercross or motorcross race.kevin windam on a honda 450 is the only 4 stroke i have seen win in a year and a half.the honda must be plenty fast.
Timmy Ferry won not to long ago!

Old 02-05-2004, 03:19 AM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: TellicoGrizz660
Originally posted by: adunealine

In a heat race maybe or was it in 125's.It wasn't a over all if he did.kevin windam 450 honda was the only guy to beat carmicael in motorcross. he also has won 2 supercross races this year on the 450 honda.

heat race maybe or was it in 125's

Timmy Ferry won not to long ago!

Old 02-05-2004, 05:16 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: HondaATVfreak
Originally posted by: dunefool
For everyone out there that is contemplating which bike or atv to buy next, I would suggest considering a Honda. You probably have heard that Honda takes their time when building their products. We all want the best product and want it now, but don't you want to buy a product that is first and foremost reliable. I do! I don't have any trouble with Honda taking their time building and refining the 450r. Honda has been working on this bike for many years now, long before the yfz came out. Honda wants to get you a product that will run reliably and perform great. It is very well know that Yamaha has been first out on the market with all of their recent sport quads. All "first out" means is first on the market, not first to have a machine that is honestly tested and ready to go. I work at a multi-line dealer and know from experience. I can't believe how reliable Honda's are. Yamaha always has great peak power numbers on their bikes. If you buy a Yamaha, buy a second or third year Yamaha because that is when they will finally have it refined. As far as power is concerned, It shouldn't be a problem to have my 450r running at 52 to 57 RWH once I add my mods to it. If a 50 horsepower bike that handles better than a 400ex doesn't sound good then I'm not sure what your looking for. If you want a great drag racing atv then get a Banshee and put a 4** kit in it. A 50+ horsepower 400ex sounds pretty good to me for a all around bike. Any intelligent comments or questions encouraged.
YES. ANOTHER TRX LUVER! I can not wait till I get old enough to race the TRX or the YFZ!

just wanted to saw my frieds 9 year old rides his yfz with elka suspension and TONS of motor mods (cousin has dynoed it at 56rhp) and he can ride faster than some of my friends

Old 02-05-2004, 08:56 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: raptorblasterracer
Originally posted by: HondaATVfreak
Originally posted by: dunefool
For everyone out there that is contemplating which bike or atv to buy next, I would suggest considering a Honda. You probably have heard that Honda takes their time when building their products. We all want the best product and want it now, but don't you want to buy a product that is first and foremost reliable. I do! I don't have any trouble with Honda taking their time building and refining the 450r. Honda has been working on this bike for many years now, long before the yfz came out. Honda wants to get you a product that will run reliably and perform great. It is very well know that Yamaha has been first out on the market with all of their recent sport quads. All "first out" means is first on the market, not first to have a machine that is honestly tested and ready to go. I work at a multi-line dealer and know from experience. I can't believe how reliable Honda's are. Yamaha always has great peak power numbers on their bikes. If you buy a Yamaha, buy a second or third year Yamaha because that is when they will finally have it refined. As far as power is concerned, It shouldn't be a problem to have my 450r running at 52 to 57 RWH once I add my mods to it. If a 50 horsepower bike that handles better than a 400ex doesn't sound good then I'm not sure what your looking for. If you want a great drag racing atv then get a Banshee and put a 4** kit in it. A 50+ horsepower 400ex sounds pretty good to me for a all around bike. Any intelligent comments or questions encouraged.
YES. ANOTHER TRX LUVER! I can not wait till I get old enough to race the TRX or the YFZ!

just wanted to saw my frieds 9 year old rides his yfz with elka suspension and TONS of motor mods (cousin has dynoed it at 56rhp) and he can ride faster than some of my friends
I will have to agree with Rid on this one, I have 3 YZF bikes 2 of which are modified!!!! Your friend must have ALOTTTTTTTTT of money in his quad to get that much HP!!!

Old 02-05-2004, 10:15 PM
Weekend Warrior

Honda's recalls over the last several years far exceed that of Yamaha? Before I begin, let me say I do like Yamaha and own a Raptor. However, the rear axle of my Raptor snapped in half on a ten foot tabletop. The Raptor axles were notoriously weak and were never recalled. The 01 transmission and the one-way starters are also famous for failing and were also not recalled. Most of the recalls you mentioned were initiated by Honda, not the CPSC. Yamaha could learn a lesson there.

Old 02-05-2004, 11:11 PM
Trailblazer

I do agree with you,a rider does make a difference.I just get tired of all these people who think honda's 450 can't run with a yama 450.
I own a 450r and have raced yama's 450 in drag races at pismo last saturday. I could out run the yama 450 stock for stock.that doesn't mean i will never lose to one it's just real world proof that these two quads are really close.

Old 02-06-2004, 12:45 AM
Pro Rider

Won't be a big deal to get 50+ out of the 450r. It will take cash yes, but how many people out there have spent the dough and are getting 40+ out of a 26 horse 400EX motors. Alot! Just talk to motor builders that know what they are talking about. 50+ is very attainable with reliability.

Old 02-06-2004, 01:11 AM
Pro Rider

Who said anything about just a slip on and stock bore????????????????????????????????????? I'm talking about doing everything on this bike just like on the EX.

Old 02-06-2004, 01:12 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Ridley- LMAO, that was funny. But you wasted your time. You can not convince a honda die hard with truth and logic.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Compared to the new yamaha the new honda should be 1500 dollars less since that is what they left off.

Quick Reply: 450r!! The Honda is a great choice.