Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

whos got more power TRX or YFZ??

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2004, 02:17 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default whos got more power TRX or YFZ??

Originally posted by: 1blazinltz
ur right but i havent driven EATHEIR ofthe mand thats coming from a YFZ rider ......people cant jus texcept the fact that one has electric start and the other one dosent but..dosent the yamaha have an extra gear? does it make a diffrence?
Or type and spell at the same time ....lol .. just kidding man.

I grew up on dirtbikes so electric start is a luxury .. but is kinda like having Air conditioning on a car in alaska ( in other words something you don't need ) ... i am putting a kicker on my Yfz once my tax check hits my mailbox .. I'll give the cry babies my starter and all the crap for free so they can sleep better at night knowing that they can use less effort to start thier quad and have a reason not to lift thier leg.

Old 02-17-2004, 02:35 AM
Pro Rider

I don't know why I keep coming back to this thread...
Keep the Z, and learn how to spell...honor student [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-17-2004, 02:43 AM
Trailblazer

i think electric is a waste and once u drive with no reverse u relize how much u DONT need it but yea i am keeping the Z too....i just eed another toy.. haha ...this thread is addicting hahabut thanks all uguys

Old 02-17-2004, 03:09 AM
Pro Rider

14mins - the only bit of your garbage that I will comment on is where you totally misquoted me (Surprise, why should I expect you to have your facts straight now, they never have been in the past) and where you called me a "Honda Loyalist".

How can you possibly expect to be taken seriously when you can't even get the simplest of details correct?

Calling me a Honda Die Hard? Hardly. I do like my 400EX, despite what some of the other brand loyalists will say about them, it has helped me earn a room full of trophies & has gotten me into magazines, aftermarket parts manufacturers web pages, etc. Not bad for a slow, outdated, air-cooled dinosaur...

I also like my 450R so far - I've outlined numerous times why I chose it over a YFZ. Does that make me a Honda die hard? How about the fact that I have machines from all four major Japanese manufacturers in my garage currently? When you grow up, you'll understand that it's ok that people to make choices that are different than yours - especially if they are based on more reliable info than you possess.

If you have problems with the dynos I posted, you know who to call and talk to. Lazarus is a YFZ owner (not a TRX owner) and is not the only one who's dyno'd these quads equally either (when tested under the same conditions on the same dyno, etc). I will also say, if I wanted to make some bogus point about the TRX making more power than a YFZ, I would have posted the FMF YFZ dyno run at 34hp VS any of numerous TRX dyno runs that are higher than that. I chose to post relavent dyno runs that are comparable instead....

Honda shipped the quad with the carb screwed up to start with. (Gabby on here (1986ATC) Has made numerous comments to that effect. (set the tps something)
Cute, did you come up with that play on my name all on your own?

Anyhow --- NO, no TPS adjustments required, no screwed up carb --- merely a throttle cable adjustment to make sure the carb actually reaches full throttle.

Honda ships all quads with their throttle cables adjusted all the way in - sport quads, utilities, kids, etc... It's up to the dealer to set the throttle correctly. Most don't, so you must do it yourself. This is something any half hearted enthusiast should check periodically anyways & the process is detailed in the owner's manual as part of the pre-ride inspection.

If you don't, you probably don't deserve the performance gained anyways.

Ridley - are you and 14mins brothers by blood or just in the fact you are both rabid Yamaha owners? Just wondering.

The truth is coming out more and more, even from honest YFZ owners. These two quads are very close in performance, both handling and power, most anyone that's ridden both and doesn't have some sort of personal vendetta will tell you the same.

Old 02-17-2004, 03:31 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Gabe- sorry for the typo. Never spell great. I can think of alot better names.

The throtle is messed up from the factory. I stand corrected.

If you honestly think the honda is better LOL You will have to work harder to keep the throphy room full now. I have never seen lateralest number posted and i am not going to look for it. He is the one with the credibility problem on the honda dyno. He is the only one that has the honda on top. 9 out of 10 show it the other way. In most schools of thought he is the one that is wrong. Must have his dyno out of calibration, or not the same testing between the 2 quads, maybe he had different amounts of air in the tires, or did not strap them down the same, or maybe he can not push the heavy FCR spring on the yamaha. How does anyone even know that he dynoed a 450?? Just cause he typed that in on the line????? The only people that believe that dyno from GT thunder?? are the ones that have bought the Honda. Anyone that has been around dyno's know how to manipulate if needed. Or at least make the numbers look better. Of course i am sure you lost a lot of credibility when you said I was responsible for lost honda sales. LMAO You need to take those rose colored glasses off.

It is funny how a lot of these hondas are leaving the showroom with the HRC kit already installed. The honda is not the best quad in its class. It should have been but is not. Last to the dance and going to finish that way.

Just for your info- I own 2 honda quads, 2 yamahas and a kawaski

Old 02-17-2004, 09:06 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 14mins
You need to take those rose colored glasses off
LOL

Old 02-17-2004, 09:47 AM
Trailblazer

i agree wit h1986 atvridER he sound slie khe knows that hes talking aobut

Old 02-17-2004, 10:53 AM
Pro Rider

14mins -

Full of excuses in the last post, eh.... Why not just chill and acknowledge that maybe the Honda is better than you first thought - or do you just enjoy being on the low road?

Your argument about the HRC kit is ridiculous. I guess the Yamaha is somehow inferior since many leave the dealership with GYTR equipment?

I've heard from a mutual friend, that in person, you're a pretty cool guy.

Unfortunate that you act the way you do on the forum....

Gary -

You didn't seem to enjoy the "Colored Glasses" comment as much when I made it originally, [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]....

Old 02-17-2004, 11:04 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 1986atc250r
Gary - You didn't seem to enjoy the "Colored Glasses" comment as much when I made it originally, [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]....
Does the person you posted your comment towards have the attitude that he has too defend his quad in every post? If so, please direct me too the thread....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]. Congrats on the new quad..[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img].

Old 02-17-2004, 11:48 AM
Pro Rider

Gary - you just need to consider your own attitude & brand loyalties.

I attempt to clear up misinformation & provide useful info to others when I can. I have a low tolerance for stupidity for the sake of stupidity. Look at my posting history over the years and you'll find that I called numerous problems with the Raptor before it was available (which I was also flamed at the time for) - I've helped numerous people with various issues I could help with and I don't make stupid, bashing posts without any hard info to back up my position - as has become commonplace on ATV messageboards all over the net.

When I called the problems on the Raptor I was labeled as a Honda brand loyalist. When I say the YFZ is an excellent machine, but the Honda is on par & someone should base their decision on their needs, not on the false assumption that the YFZ is far ahead, the YamaNazi's (noting that not all Yamaha owners are YamaNazis) label me a Honda loyalist. It's really pretty ridiculous....

Some choose to use thier posting priveledge to insult and make baseless claims without even any personal experience with the machines they're posting about.

You, as "quad patrol" should be able to key in on the difference without bias toward your favored brand or any personal dislikes...

Quick Reply: whos got more power TRX or YFZ??