Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Nerfs for TRX450R

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2004, 02:48 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nerfs for TRX450R

I just picked up the std AC Racing NERF bars for the 450R - dang, these things dont fit right - a little high from the pegs - and they dont mount unless i first take off the plastic OEM kick panels at the front of the back tires - you know the original foot protectors all ATV's come with -- and even if i could - i dont think you're suppose to pull of the original 'shin' protectors when mounting the bars.

i just put some on a z400 - and they fit excellent - not AC - suzuki OEM. - worked good - was installed in 10min.

but these AC nerfs are bad ... anyone purchase the NERFs for the 450 - i think im taking them back and looking for another brand....
i didnt want to get the pro NERFs - but maybe i willl -- these dont fit right... very awkward.

any ideas ?

Old 03-06-2004, 10:15 AM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I chose DG's "Race Peg's", with the foot pegs built right into the bars. It will be 2 weeks before I get them though. I have DG on all my other bikes, and am very happy with them.

Old 03-06-2004, 06:59 PM
Pro Rider

You have to make sure when you put them on that the black mounting pegs that come with it are on the right side and not upside down, also when you put them on leave them very loose, just start the thread so that you can move them to line the frame holes up. It is a pain in the neck but they do fit.

Old 03-06-2004, 09:10 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: CrazyATVDad
I just picked up the std AC Racing NERF bars for the 450R - dang, these things dont fit right - a little high from the pegs - and they dont mount unless i first take off the plastic OEM kick panels at the front of the back tires - you know the original foot protectors all ATV's come with -- and even if i could - i dont think you're suppose to pull of the original 'shin' protectors when mounting the bars.

i just put some on a z400 - and they fit excellent - not AC - suzuki OEM. - worked good - was installed in 10min.

but these AC nerfs are bad ... anyone purchase the NERFs for the 450 - i think im taking them back and looking for another brand....
i didnt want to get the pro NERFs - but maybe i willl -- these dont fit right... very awkward.

any ideas ?
Check out my pics, I have the heelguards and the standard ac racing nerfs. You only have to remove the black plastic from in front of the footpeg. Also, you will need a hammer to line the flat piece of the nerfs up with the flat part of the footpegs. The stock Heelguards will work with the AC standard nerfs.

Once you get them on, they look pretty good. PM me if you have any questions, I'll try to get back with you this evening, but it could be as late as tomorrow evening.

Old 03-07-2004, 01:44 AM
Trailblazer

Hey Learning2FLY --- cool pictures.
I see what you mean - i was so pssd that i returned them today - but i went to another place and saw them cheaper - so maybe ill buy the cheaper ones and try it again..

im going to go look at the front plastic piece you're talking about - thats what i didnt like about it - its not really just plug them in - - i guess you have to drill another hole too - i only saw 1 hole on the footpeg, is that right ?

they do look sweet with them... nice bumper - i may do the DG bumper - V bumper is nice too.

well - ill check it out again - and give it another try ---
thanks.

Old 03-07-2004, 09:45 PM
Pro Rider

I thought about drilling another hole, but the one hole actually holds it pretty good.

Old 03-08-2004, 01:03 AM
Trailblazer

so what did you do with the plastic piece that currently attaches on the front - did you cut it off or something ? cant put it back on with the nerf bars, can you ?

just wondering.
i cant wait to get them tomorrow at the local atv shop - and try it again....

Old 03-08-2004, 03:13 PM
Pro Rider

Actually, I just pushed it underneath the footpeg. Should probably cut it off, but it doesn't seem to be a problem.