Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

rincon trans problem help me

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2004, 12:46 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rincon trans problem help me

I have a 03 Rincon the gear display is flashing - - and it won't shift out of 1st gear. Is there a reset or is this a major problem happened after charging the battery. Thanks for any help and I do need it cant go without riding my beloved Rincon I love it.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 03-07-2004, 03:40 PM
Pro Rider

muddyallday- Go to the Rincon forum and make your post. I'm sure someone can help you. There is a lot of good information coming from this group.

http://rincon.atvowners.com/index.cfm?action=forum

Old 03-20-2004, 03:19 AM
Weekend Warrior

if you look in your rincon owners guide, it shows unexpected problems. there you will find a segment on the tranny, not sure if this will fix it but it says something about releasing the pressure in the tranny. it shows how to do it, doesnt look that difficult. wouldnt hurt to take it to the dealer if that fix doesnt work.

Old 03-20-2004, 09:37 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hmm...after charging the battery? I would begin by checking the fuses, all of them listed in the owner's manual. Also check to make sure all connectors are plugged in.

Old 03-20-2004, 06:36 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A temporary problem or code will go away when the key is turned off then back on.
If not, do this.....

With the unit in neutral, key off
Hold both up and downshift buttons in and without releasing them turn on the key.
Now within 3 seconds, push the upshift button, release it, push the downshift button, release it, then open the throttle fully and release it. Wait for the N on the meter to display. You have just 'initialized ' your Rincon.

Now if the meter still flashes, unit in neutral, key off,
Hold both upshift and downshift buttons at the same time, with out releasing, turn on the key, let go of the switches, and depress both at the same time again and release. A " - - " should flash. count the flashes. That is your codes that are stored in the ECU. The display will flash the codes, with a few second break in between them. I believe a six code on a Rincon is a temporary power failure to the ECU, and can be erased by holding both shift switches in while it is flashing,

Do this then "initialize" the unit again.

If there were any other codes in the display and the unit cannot be ridden, pull the codes and call your dealer

Hope this helps

----- Gimpster -----