Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

WARNING CT Racing... Poor Business

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2004, 01:51 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WARNING CT Racing... Poor Business

After conversing with Allen Knowles over the phone I cannot imagine doing business there. I do not respect arrogance and generally trying too put a potential customer down when they are asking intelligent questions. I will not be sending $1 too CTRACING. The Raptor pipe shootout further taints CTRACING's image IMO. Just my $.02

Old 03-15-2004, 08:13 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: maddog56
CT said to do whatever it takes and they would pick up the tab. I think thats some good customer service.
maddog56, Unfortunatly, I didn't have the same experiance you did. I called CT today, they told me "Oh, I am glad that you called, yes, we have your head, and will ship it now." When I told them, that I wanted it tommorow, they said that unless I wanted to pay 90 bucks for next day air, that it will be coming UPS ground and it will get here when it gets here. CT has deffinetly lost my business.

Old 03-15-2004, 08:26 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm sorry to hear that. I can only speak from my experience. A friend of mine had a zilla built by ct and he was very happy with the service and product. A fellow racer ordered his ct pipe for a yfz and got everything he ordered when he ordered it. He has also been tearing me apart on the track. I can only say that its impossible to have a perfect service record. I will not defend CT too much, as I have only made a few purchases from them. I just know that my experiences were positive and the products have delivered everything they promised.

Good luck getting your engine delivered and installed. And I hope the build is worth it.

Old 03-15-2004, 09:16 PM
Trailblazer

I second, that CT is a business that needs to be avoided. I had a complete motor built by them a few years ago. I talked to Allen about what I wanted and sent instructions about what I wanted. After 2 months waiting (His estimate) I called to check status. I talked to Alan who told me they had just finished installing the new sleeve to make it a 300cc now. I was shocked to hear this because all I wanted was a port job and since the cylinder was nikasil it did not need a bore job. I asked Allen how this could be and didn't he see the instructions I sent with the motor. He said we lose stuff like that and he was sure that I would like the big bore better than the port job and that it wouldn't cost that much more. I felt like he had my motor hostage. He spent another 2 months to send the motor back to me and I had to wait another month for the pipe and when the pip came the mount was way off so I had to fab a custom mount make it work on my frame. In the end I will tell everyone to not use CT for any service/engine work and don't believe anything Alan promises. I now have a bike that can only use his custom pistons instead of "cheap stock" and is not much faster than when it was stock. He did what he wanted to do and not what I asked and paid for.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 03-16-2004, 03:04 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Outracing- If you paid by credit card call your card company and see if you can make a adjustment on the bill to correct the screw up. I would deduct 90 bucks from the total bill

It is hard to keep everyone 100 percent happy in any business but they should try to.

Old 03-16-2004, 03:34 AM
The Facility

Well said 14.

maddog,
Your icon is giving me armpump!!

Old 03-16-2004, 06:01 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Kintama, learn to read....we were all discussing customer service....so hear's a new verse for you....ki$$ my @$$. Just because you can't find anything better to do then complain about your new Raptor, or bring other people down, doesn't mean you can coment on stuff that has nothing to do with you. You probaly can't afford to send your motor off for any real work. So you wouldn't know what kind of customer service any engine builder has, or what kind of performance any pipe or company gives your machine.

Old 03-16-2004, 10:18 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: KNOWSALOT
Well said 14.

maddog,
Your icon is giving me armpump!!
Yes good point 14.

LOL[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-16-2004, 11:52 AM
Pro Rider

Welcome to the aftermarket atv business.