Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2004, 12:51 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Honda 400EX vs. Polaris 400 Sport

Originally posted by: DGScrambler400
Originally posted by: 420EX
Originally posted by: Andrew Thomas
FYI, my Scramble was more reliable than my brothers EX. Not that the EX was terrible, but the screws weren't falling out of my handlebars & gas valve like the EX did.
Thats odd, I ride my modified 440EX almost every day and it has NEVER broken down or left me stranded, all you gotta do is take care of your machine and it wont break down, usless of course it's a yamaha.
yea, EXACTLY, all you have to do is TAKE CARE of a Polaris, and it wont break down either. I am not trying to start a fight, just state a fact. You cant expect to buy ANYTHING, abuse the living he!! out of it, never take care of it, it WILL NOT last! (Yes, that includes Hondas[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img])
I beg to differ. In my garage sits an '86 TRX250 Fourtrax (Honda) with an ungodly amount of miles on it. Cosmetically, it looks like crap. HOWEVER, mechanically it's sound as ever. Believe me, this thing WAS abused like every other quad that's ridden hard or maybe more. It runs just fine and VERY little if hardly any maintanence was performed on it. I'm here to tell you that the average Joe Blow can go to his Honda dealership, buy a quad and expect way more life out of it than any other manufacturer's products. I don't care how many people whine about how Honda no longer was the reliability edge, it's still there.

Old 05-23-2004, 02:41 PM
Pro Rider

Actually I'd say the reliablity of a Bombardier product is on par with a Honda. At least from what I've seen. The Rotax 650 is known for being bulletproof in the Paris to Dakar rally in Bombardier quads & BMW bikes.

Old 05-23-2004, 03:17 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] sorry if i got onto this topic the wrong way! i was just trying to say that Polaris' arn't crap likemost Honda riders claim they are, if you take care of it, and change the oils, etc. when needed, IT IS GOING TO LAST! i just dont see why Polaris needs to be bashed on, they are just as good as any other these days, but they did have bad luck 10ish years ago, but their problems are fixed! I hope nobody is upset with me, and im not trying to sound immature or start fights! Just have fun riding and ride safe!

Old 05-23-2004, 03:59 PM
Pro Rider

I understand where you're coming from DGScrambler. However, just for your future information, most people don't bash on Polaris for their reliability standards. It's usually the features and the way the quads are built. I for one have no problem with Polaris's, they just don't happen to be my favorite manufacturer for a few reasons that actual Polaris owners probably don't even notice or care about.

Old 05-23-2004, 05:05 PM
Pro Rider

Polaris is certainly changing.
They revolutionized the utility market. The Predator is a step in the right direction for their sport segment. It's alot easier for a company like Honda or Yamaha who make lightweight bikes to make a lightweight race quad, then it is for say Polaris who has to start from scratch on a race quad.
Fact is quads are still the stepchild in the off-road world. Bikes get all the glory & all the "new" stuff first.