Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Why would anyone use a K&N?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2004, 09:15 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why would anyone use a K&N?

I find it a little obvious that it is something to do with the K&N because my dad found signs of DIRT in the motor

I was correcting myself when I said it might have just been her time!!!

I will say it again I don't care run a K&N rip it, oil it and re use it. Covince yourself that it is filtering more than you crazy stock filter and more than a uni, the only problem in the end will be your crappy low compression quad and you will be WRONG and wish you would have listened.

I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOU, I AM TELLING PEOPLE WHAT I THINK

And people that are saying it is user error, obvoisly never do any of there own work or maintance because they would know that you have to be a retard, not to follow simple insructions!!!

peace I am done with this tread
to many idiots with polarises thinking there cool!!!
STAY ON YOUR OWN FORUM THATS WHY IT IS THERE!!!

at least someone is reading the posts I made

um i really wouldn't judge people by how many posts they have, for all u know, he could know a thousand times more than u do, and u only have 300, thats not too much compared to the people with 5, 10 thousand

Old 05-20-2004, 09:34 PM
Weekend Warrior

Wow! You really own this whole forum! Thats soooooooo cool.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] In case you didn't know but since you are voicing your opinion we are voicing ours and we have just as much right to post as you or anyone else does. And if you are happy thinking that K&N ripped you off, hey thats great why don't you just buy another air filter for your stuff. Most of us are happy using K&N so please respect our right to let us use what we want.

Old 05-20-2004, 09:52 PM
Pro Rider

well im voicing my right and i run a UNI thought i'd let all of you know.

Old 05-20-2004, 10:01 PM
Pro Rider

will I run K&N with no outerwear as will. just saying.

Old 05-20-2004, 10:07 PM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!
Those 6-packs work pretty good.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey ya'll! An engine with 200,000 miles showed signs of wear!!! Can you believe it? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Come on kid, use your noggin!

Old 05-20-2004, 10:22 PM
Pro Rider

man k&n rips. never had any probs and my whole family has been using them on the daily car. not sure what happened in your case. thats what you get when you buy your "K&N" at the flee market.

Old 05-20-2004, 10:31 PM
Weekend Warrior

K&N's and other similar oiled filter are not good in boosted enviroments. They gum up the intake system and intercooler if your sporting one. They work but ive heard bad things about them damaging turbos and cloging up boost gauges if ran for extended amounts of time. If your into nissans a great place is www.freshalloy.com . The forums are amazing but its rougher then it is in here if you can imagine that. I didnt mean to blast you dude im just speaking my mind, and am talking from many years of expierience with cars and bikes and air cleaners. One more final note: dads are an awesome rescourse of automotive info, but take what they say with a grain of salt. My dad is an automotive genius but ive noticed he has a tough time accepting new technology. He couldnt understand for the life of him why i was putting a 3in" exhaust on my sr20det powered 240sx until he saw the gains on paper.......Im just saying its hard for anyone to keep up when they dont submerse themselves in it on a daily basis.

Old 05-20-2004, 11:09 PM
Pro Rider

i like k&n thats wut im running right now, there great filters but i kinda think there over rated. i might try a uni next or get another k&n.

Old 05-20-2004, 11:38 PM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I use foam filters now a days, but I find it so amusing how he has said a couple times that "this is my last post" and then "this is my last post". Plus I don't know if you do or not, but I hope u don't let daddy do everything for you and try to do some stuff yourself.

Old 05-21-2004, 09:14 AM
Trailblazer

which is better: a k&n with an outerwear or a UNI?