Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Why would anyone use a K&N?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2004, 02:41 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why would anyone use a K&N?

Originally posted by: Raptorlegs
K&N was developed for desert racing people. This arguement is pointless to me because I've used K&N with no problems. Personally, I think foam filters suck but I don't go around bashing them. Well, actually they don't suck which is the problem(think about it).Hate to brake it you Eric, but 200,000 miles is a LOT for any car. You should be K&N's poster boy!I think next time I have a blow-out I'll blame Ford! Wait...somebody already did that! lol! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]
My last post was fact. Why do you feel K and N filters were designed for desert racing people?

Old 05-21-2004, 02:49 PM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!
Those 6-packs work pretty good.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If it's fact, show me a link. Quit making stuff up because you don't like K&N.

Watched a show on television that said they came up with the design for a desert race in California.

Old 05-21-2004, 03:11 PM
Elite Pro Rider

A simple search reveals my previous statements were correct....Proof. K and N has the same wording in every K and N I have purchased in the past. Although I do admit too not buying one for several years. Now on too your last response. So you watched a TV show and they recommended that K and N filters are best for desert racers. Did this show not give you a basis for this asumption.....and you asumed they were correct?
Gary

Old 05-21-2004, 03:18 PM
Elite Pro Rider

If it's fact, show me a link. Quit making stuff up because you don't like K&N. Watched a show on television that said they came up with the design for a desert race in California.
Why did you have too re-edit your post? Your post did not acuse me of not liking K and N before. I currently have a K and N installed in my personal truck. I have had this filter in this truck for about 4 years. Excellent filter for a primarily highway driven vehicle (no huge amounts of dust).
Gary

Old 05-21-2004, 03:24 PM
Elite Pro Rider

3 of your last 5 posts, on this page have been edited. Do you change previous posts too reflect the same thinking of your last post? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Gary

Old 05-21-2004, 03:28 PM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!

Because I would hate for you to make assumptions Gary. And, I did it before your reply. Look at the times.

K&N claimed they came up with the design for this particular track in California.

They have filtering tests on K&N's website you want to view it. Even explains the size of the particles. Kinda doubt they rolled it in dirt before the tests. You'll drop more dust in your intake while changing a filter then that K&N will let through.

As far as your prefilter comment, they say chunk it after 25 re-charges. If you had to service it after every ride, it wouldn't take long before you had to replace it. Get kind of expensive, wouldn't it?

Whatever Gary. Buy what you want. I'll stick with K&N.

Old 05-21-2004, 03:28 PM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!

Originally posted by: garyc660R
3 of your last 5 posts, on this page have been edited. Do you change previous posts too reflect the same thinking of your last post? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Gary

So you really are just an a-hole.

Got it.

Old 05-21-2004, 03:36 PM
Elite Pro Rider

So you really are just an a-hole. Got it.[/quote] My apologies for coming across as an a-hole. My only concern is someone reading my posting towards your posts and mine not making sense too them. I have in no way posted that a foam filter will flow as much as a K and N. All I have posted is a K and N and a foam filter both have their advantages and disadvantages....depending on the circumstances and situation.
Gary

Old 05-21-2004, 03:51 PM
Elite Pro Rider

[quote]
Because I would hate for you to make assumptions Gary. And, I did it before your reply. Look at the times. K&N claimed they came up with the design for this particular track in California.[quote]
Is this why the show endorsed the K and N as a desert racer set-up?
[quote]
.As far as your prefilter comment, they say chunk it after 25 re-charges.[quote]
K and N's web site states too trash the filter after 25 washings....not the pre filter. The foam pre filter is probably good for 100 washings.
Gary

Old 05-21-2004, 04:04 PM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!

[quote]
Originally posted by: garyc660R
[quote]
Because I would hate for you to make assumptions Gary. And, I did it before your reply. Look at the times. K&N claimed they came up with the design for this particular track in California.[quote]
Is this why the show endorsed the K and N as a desert racer set-up?
[quote]
.As far as your prefilter comment, they say chunk it after 25 re-charges.
K and N's web site states too trash the filter after 25 washings....not the pre filter. The foam pre filter is probably good for 100 washings.
Gary

What exactly did I change that cause you concern? Where I took that I missed a comma on "desert racing people"? I might edit for clarification but I've never changed a post to discredit someone.

I can't stand when people start bashing other products. Especially when personal experience has taught me otherwise. I'm surprise the Polaris folks didn't jump down the kid's throat. Never owned one or might have done it for them.

It was a desert race I was wathcing. They were a sponsor.

That is correct, their precharger is so you don't have to clean the filter as often. "IT" refers to the filter. The filter won't last long if you have to clean it after every ride.