Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

rancher 02 350 overflow leaking

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2004 | 10:18 PM
|
Pro Rider
Default rancher 02 350 overflow leaking

hi have a question ripped my carb out because it was leaking out the overflow, even when sitting still and off, i mean it would pour out, took it apart cleaned it put it back together, and it is still doing it, sometimes it works other times, it floods out, now i took the base off, and manually moved the float, the gas shuts off?? so this means the valve is ok? is there an adjustment for the float itself? need some help this is driving me insane, gas is like 250 here and im loosing a ton

Old 05-21-2004 | 01:10 AM
Pro Rider

There may be a small piece of trash caught between the float needle and the needle seat - you can remove the float and needle and clean the seat with a golf tee (that little wooden thing you put a golf ball on).

Another problem may be that the carburetor vent line may be plugged - if it cannot "breath", then the back pressure buildup will actually cause the float to not work properly.

Something else I've seen before is the overflow tube (inside the bowl) may be cracked.

Old 05-21-2004 | 11:30 PM
|
Pro Rider

what and where is the carbuartor vent line?i ordered a new float and valve, its working better although when idling, it will shut off, and be a real pain to start again i have to buttery fly it to make it start, i think its flooding, there is also a screw on the actual lower casing where the overflow tube is connected,is that suppose to be adjustable because it won't move?

Old 05-21-2004 | 11:32 PM
|
Pro Rider

also if i have a vent line blocked, wouldn't i have idling issues or running isuses? other then it stalling out at idle the bike runs perfectly i mean perfectly, i can idle it so low, it barely even runs please more info you gave me alot more tips so far to look at, but please be specific as to where these vent lines are

Old 05-22-2004 | 08:30 AM
Pro Rider

I work on so many different bikes that it is hard to remember exact locations of vent lines, etc. The best thing is to start at the carb and follow the small rubber hoses to their ends - or pull them off the carb and blow through them.

The screw on the bottom of the carb bowl by the overflow tube is your carb bowl drain screw - open it up and gas will drain out the overflow tube.

Old 05-23-2004 | 05:25 PM
Elite Pro Rider

On those keihin carbs, the overflow tube, vent and drain tube, are all the same. Theres a brass tube, that sticks up, higher than the normal float level. If the needle sticks open, the gas is supposed, to come out that tube, and out the rubber hose. If everything works normal, then its a vent, which equalizes the pressure, in the float bowl. At the bottom of the bowl, is a small hole, which the screw, on the outside of the carb, controls( thats the drain)
For now, until you get it fixed, turn the fuel valve on the tank, to off, when the motor isnt running. If the gas doesnt flow out the overflow tube....its gotta go somewhere, and its usually down the cylinder wall, and into the oil. Believe me , you dont want that.
You have either a problem with the needle being held open( dirt in the way, bent hinge pin on float, saturated and sinking float) or the float level is too high.
I put a picture in my photo page, showing the inside of the float bowl and the brass tube.

Old 05-23-2004 | 05:33 PM
|
Pro Rider

can you adjust float level on the carb? i was under the impression on the rancher it was unadjustable