Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Need help with Rincon ESP error

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2004, 12:42 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with Rincon ESP error

My Rincon has developed a problem just recently that I need help with. When I am riding in Auto or ESP mode after a few minutes the display will start to blink 2 dashes and ESP. It downshifts to 2nd gear and I cannot get it to go into automatic or change gears until I turn it off and restart. Has anyone experienced this and have a suggestion what my problem might be?
Thanks

Old 06-04-2004, 10:44 PM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry Actrite, I know right now you want a useful answer to your problem, but I have to point out that there are a whole lot of posts like this one............electronic problems with Honda automatics! The Rancher AT is being recalled because of the ECM. You can count on a Rubicon post about every week. I think Honda has some explaining to do!

Old 06-05-2004, 01:05 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Never had that problem with my Rincon. I did have something similar with my Foreman and Recon. Not happen while riding though. It happen when sitting. It was just that it didn't shift all the way into the next gear. Just had to rock the quad a little in order to get it to shift. Not sure the severity of your problem. Maybe call Honda and ask them what's up.

Good Luck

Old 06-05-2004, 01:37 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: reconranger
Sorry Actrite, I know right now you want a useful answer to your problem, but I have to point out that there are a whole lot of posts like this one............electronic problems with Honda automatics! The Rancher AT is being recalled because of the ECM. You can count on a Rubicon post about every week. I think Honda has some explaining to do!
Listen, I don't usually reply this way, but you need to get over this and get a life. I have no problem with the fact that you dislike Honda automatic trannys, you're certainly entitled to your opinion. However, it's getting very old reading your useless posts every time someone has a problem with a Honda tranny. These people are looking for useful information to repair their faulty ATV, and you go out of your way to bring up the same old stuff every chance you get. I mean honestly, does it make you feel better to belittle another person's ATV when they are having problems with it? It sure seems like it. Get over it, move on with your life, and stop cluttering up this forum with your useless garbage.

Old 06-05-2004, 10:24 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ATVtech1
Originally posted by: reconranger
Listen, I don't usually reply this way, but you need to get over this and get a life. I have no problem with the fact that you dislike Honda automatic trannys, you're certainly entitled to your opinion. However, it's getting very old reading your useless posts every time someone has a problem with a Honda tranny. These people are looking for useful information to repair their faulty ATV, and you go out of your way to bring up the same old stuff every chance you get. I mean honestly, does it make you feel better to belittle another person's ATV when they are having problems with it? It sure seems like it. Get over it, move on with your life, and stop cluttering up this forum with your useless garbage.
Ditto.
Why respond in this manner to somebody that needs help. I don't think the problem is as big as you make it sound. All the quads out today are pretty dang good. Some do have there problems from time to time. You state that you know he wants a useful answer, so why not give him one????????

Old 06-06-2004, 01:32 AM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey guys, I am looking for another 4X4 myself! I hope other prospective buyers will come across all these posts and consider the reliability of these machines, before they spend their hard earned money! They won't get any BS from me, because I don't have to defend my purchase like you seem to need to. HONDA HAS A MAJOR PROBLEM HERE, and you won't get their attention until there is a ground swell of criticism about the problems!

Example- Just posted today, another Honda automatic bites the dust:
http://forums.atvconnection.com/mess...did/404126.cfm

Rancher AT recalled for transmission electrical problems:
http://forums.atvconnection.com/mess...did/403771.cfm