Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Honda Rancher AT Recall notice

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2004, 05:22 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Honda Rancher AT Recall notice

I just got the recall notice in today's mail - this taken from the letter skipping to the meat - to replace the Engine Control Module (ECM) - on affected units, the ECM that controls the transmission shift performance has a programming error that may affect proper transmission operation at low vehicle speeds. If the unit is slowed to below 5 mph, without coming to a complete stop, and throttle is re-applied, the transmission may not change over to a lower torque range. This strains the centrifugal clutch, potentially reducing it's service life.
Please contact your nearest authorized Honda ATV dealer and make an appointment to have the ECM replaced on your TRX400. Additionally, your ATV's centrifugal clutch may need to be inspected and serviced, depending on it's condition. The dealer will replace the ECM and any additional required parts at no cost to you for parts or labor. Please plan to leave your ATV at the dealership for at least one day to allow for the dealer scheduling.

This product update campaign ends on June 1, 2007. You must have your 2004 TRX400FA/FGA updated prior to this date.

If you have already had the ECM, centrifugal clutch, and/or related parts replaced, you may be eligible for reiembursement.

So, I guess next week I'll be taking my AT to the dealer for the replacement.

Later,

Don

Old 06-12-2004, 05:37 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Nice to see a manufacturer stand behind its products, and do the right thing and fix their problems. Not all of them will do that, and i guess its another reason to buy Honda.

Old 06-19-2004, 07:55 PM
Trailblazer

Well that was pretty simple - I got the recall notice last Saturday - called the dealer Tuesday and took the Rancher AT in Thursday evening to drop it off and picked it up this afternoon. They said there was no wear on the clutch - just changed out the ECM and reprogrammed the replacement. Hopefully I'll get to ride by the 4th of July weekend.