Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

underwater computer?

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2004, 03:46 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default underwater computer?

Check out www.triangleATV.com They make snorkels for Foremans, and have lots of pics to look at in their gallery section. In some of the pics, all you can see is the rider and the handlebars above water.

Old 07-02-2004, 03:48 AM
Pro Rider

i've had our foreman ES in some pretty serious water in the creek. like over the fenders. its fun hittin deep holes doin about 15-20 mph and gettin drenched. and thats gotta be the easiest way to wash it. so far never one problem with the comp or shifting. no problems at all. not even the brakes(because i never use them). the foreman will float by its slef, but i'm thinking it will be likely to sink with the extra weight of a person pushing it down. that display is nice and easy to read, i do like it and have had zero problems.

Old 07-02-2004, 11:37 AM
Weekend Warrior

thanks for all the responses...and SHARPIE- how long have you had yours? more feedback is appreciated. thanks a lot - Jason

Old 07-02-2004, 06:45 PM
Pro Rider

My buddy has a 450 foreman es and thats all he does is water ride. I have seen him about up to the lights on several occasions. Doesnt give him trouble at all

Old 07-02-2004, 08:55 PM
Pro Rider

we have had our foreman for jsut over a year now. i change the oil, clean the filter, and tighten the brakes whenever they need it(which has only been once), and put air in the tires and gas in the tank. some of those plastic rivits holding the fenderflares on are getting loose and aout to fall out, but that was something i expected. i'll think of a good solution for that soon enough, i'm thinking about aluminum popriviets with some washers.. i'll figure that out. when changeing the oilfilter, be CAREFULL to not overtighten the bolts. that will cause some serious headaches if you do. i tighten them jsut enough to where the oil wont leak. well what else do you want to know? feel free to ask ours is a 2003 model

Old 07-03-2004, 05:04 PM
Pro Rider

I wouldent reccomend t but you can probobly download huevos videos... But dont do it.. I think everyone that filmed and rode worked hard on the video.. Check out www.hbombfilms.com to order your vids.. or rockymountain atv.. every video has mudding parts..great movies

Old 07-03-2004, 11:39 PM
Pro Rider

I was looking to buy a rancher 400 at or a Kodiak 450 then some one told me that the foreman es was a great atv. what do you think and what kind of riding do you do?

Old 07-04-2004, 01:18 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: hutchies
How often are you really going to have the head unit under the water? If you are going to have it under the water that much you should consider buying a boat instead.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] LOL just kidding.
maybe a jet ski [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 07-04-2004, 04:05 AM
Pro Rider

i do mostly fast trail riding, and then work. its made to work and it sure does that good. for trails, i'm happy with it. it can get up and go and do most things i want it to. its definantly no 400EX, but it still if fun. i have seen some complaints with things like the suspension being too stiff, personally i think its jsut fine. i do have a complaint though, when your hitting bumps and jumps about a foot high, the front end soaks them up good, but the back tends to bump and get pitched up when your hitting them at about 30MPH. it can get alittle tricky if your hitting several in a row. i found this out riding on groomed snowmobile trails, the snowmobiles jsut make hundreds of about foot high bumps, and they sometimes get annoying, but i shouldnt complain because i'm not sure how they like seein a quad on their trails. not like i do any damage. i have found that in the winter if you ride alot of places where your breaking through ice, and you get slabs breaking apart in front of you, small chunks of ice have a tedency to get lodged and freeze between the front drive shafts and cv boots and the guard. even snow can sometimes set up solid in there. i jsut watched it and chiped it out when it got bad. speaking of winter, when riding at high speeds in alot of snow, the entire front end can get packed with snow, cutting off the air flow to the oil cooler and engine, so that requires stoping occasionally and knocking the snow out. in really cold places you might consider pulling the choke cabel when you shut it off so if it freezes you will be able to start it and when it heats up it will free its self. i could go on and on, but i'm gonna call it quits here. any thing else?