Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

I can't beleive this dealership ripoff at it's BEST!

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2004 | 12:53 AM
Trailblazer
Default I can't beleive this dealership ripoff at it's BEST!

Yea - what sparky said!

$3100 trade in on a 2 month old $5800 bike does sound low but unless he had a gun to his head there is absolutely no reason to be upset or say it is a rip off. Maybe the dealer is loaded with used bikes and the market in his area is soft to move them and be able to make money. There are other dealers and you can always sell it yourself. It is never a rip off umless you buy something and you did not get what was represented.

I wanted to trade in a 2004 dirt motorcycle for 2 ATVs and the guy told me up front that I'd take a big hit on it but what they do is take in your used bike on consignment and try to sell it at your price. If they do, they take $100 for their time and showroom space.

I you don't like the deal, don't take it but don't bad mouth the dealer, he mede an offer, you declined. He made no money, you lost no money. Happens everyday.

Old 07-19-2004 | 03:41 AM
Pro Rider

What was he trying to trade in on?

Old 07-19-2004 | 04:40 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I have to agree with what most others have said.
You will hardly ever get a "fair" trade in on anything. They have to sell it and make money.
You are usually always better of selling it yourself.
Sometimes in our state, if you are trading in a car it might be almost worth it if they give you a halfway decent trade-in value. Because they deduct your trade-in amount from the sale amount, BEFORE they add in the sales tax. So you don't pay tax on your trade-in part. Which also helps out a little.

Ditto, you only get ripped off if you let them. And then how do you get ripped off if you agree to the deal?
IT pays to do thorough homework before you buy, no matter what you are buying? Can't complain if you don't do your part to help yourself get he best deal you can. They're not making you sing on the line.

Good Luck

Old 07-19-2004 | 04:24 PM
Pro Rider

While I agree it isn't much of a rip off, what some of you seem like your saying is...If I have two ranchers...same exact model, year size everything. I beat the hell out of one and I never ride one...I go to take them to a dealer to trade them in, and there gonna give me the same price for both? No.

I'm betting if I would trade my warrior in I could only get about 1400 since its pretty beat up. But If I had a 1997 that wasnt beatup, I would get around 1800.

Old 07-19-2004 | 04:35 PM
Trailblazer

Naturally the price varies with the the condition of the trade in, but even if you buy a bike, park it and never ride it and it is exactly like new, it looses value because it is a used bike. Note the blue book values on different vehicles and you will see what I mean. You can generally do better selling it your self than trading it in.

Old 07-19-2004 | 09:33 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Lancester
Two words. SPELL CHECK!
I second you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!