Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

2005 Honda Rincon--Color Question debate

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2004, 07:30 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 Honda Rincon--Color Question debate

I am going to buy a 2005 Rincon in the next couple of weeks. I am on a fence about which color.

A)Black- Looks awesome when new!! In a year will this thing look like crap? I have never seen an older black 4wheeler so I have no idea what the scratches and fading will look like.. what are your opinions?

B)Red- A nice shiny red honda sure looks good.. I havent seen many old ones, so do they fade? Scratches look bad?

C)Green- On a resale standpoint, I am sure that this will sell better because of hunters wanting it. The rincons I know of locally are all green, because the guys that bought them are hunters..

D)Yellow- Looks great also, I think probably less scratch noticability right?

I know color is a personal thing, and the black one will definately be very good looking when new and all that.. plus will definately show its a 2005.

Can I do a small poll with this thread and say which color you guys think?

Old 08-03-2004, 07:53 PM
Range Rover

I vote for green, thats the color of my Rancher's and they look great!

Enjoy your new Rincon!

Old 08-03-2004, 08:20 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Green if you think you can sell it easier later if you decide to.

To keep it looking good, just put Pledge on it every so often. Really easy to do and only takes a couple minutes.
Works really well.

Good Luck

Old 08-03-2004, 10:46 PM
Pro Rider

Green and black are definitely going to scratch and show fade worse than the others. Red not so much and yellow is the best choice for avoiding noticeable scratches. If you plan on keeping it for a long time and not selling for awhile, I would get the color you want the most and think looks the coolest. What would pledge do for an older quad with already scratched and somewhat faded plastic, Quad4Fun?

Old 08-03-2004, 11:03 PM
Range Rover

i would go with the green one. also they are not making the yellow ones anymore

Old 08-04-2004, 02:38 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: RedGoblin
Green and black are definitely going to scratch and show fade worse than the others. Red not so much and yellow is the best choice for avoiding noticeable scratches. If you plan on keeping it for a long time and not selling for awhile, I would get the color you want the most and think looks the coolest. What would pledge do for an older quad with already scratched and somewhat faded plastic, Quad4Fun?
Put some on it and see how it works for you. Doesn't take the scratches away, but does kinda help to hide them a little bit. Pledge is just a quick and easy way to give it a nice shine for a while, since Pledge has wax in it. Doesn't last a real long time. I do mine everytime I wash it, keeps it looking nice, especially the plastic fender flares on my Hondas. Takes less than 5 minutes to do.

Good Luck.

Oh ya, I do the top on my Bronco with it and it keeps it looking new.

Old 08-13-2004, 12:12 AM
Pro Rider

I use STP protectant on my quads to shine them up when they start getting dull looking, works great on red, blue,white and and a few other colors I have had but not sure how well it will work on black, I too am thinking of buying a black one but just not sure. I have seen some solid black yamaha's and they do start looking pretty dull in a short period of time. Honda does seem to have better plastic though.
does anyone know what kind of money it would take to replace the plastic with red plastic if it doesn't work out.

Trending Topics

Old 08-13-2004, 04:00 AM
Weekend Warrior

I have a yellow 04 and you can still see the scratches. Buy the color that you think lools the best, remember it's an OFF ROAD vehicle it is gonna get scrached. Anyways good luck with the the rinny. I love mine it's a pure blast to ride.

Old 08-17-2004, 12:05 AM
Range Rover

Every color will show scratches. One day of riding and you are gunna have quite a bit of scratches.Get what ever color you like the best. Your the one that will be riding it.

Old 08-17-2004, 04:45 AM
Trailblazer

I have a tip for you. No matter what color you decide but especially if you go black. The most common area that gets scratched is the area infront of the seat by your knees and boots. Use motorcross numberplate backgrounds to protect that area and you get no scratches what so ever. You can get it in clear as well. I used carbonfiber on my 400EX and it still looks new 4years later. Just use a hobby knife or razorblade to cut it out to your application.

Quick Reply: 2005 Honda Rincon--Color Question debate