Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Ride on my Rubicon

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2004, 11:12 AM
TIC
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ride on my Rubicon

You know sometimes its nice to just write about no troubles.
My rubicon is in the 2000 mile club and I have been cruising around in D1 for a long time (months) and last night after sitting in hospital for 7 and a half hours while my grand father was having surgery I just went for a ride when I got home.
I drove up to a place called lookout point where you can see 4 states. then down to the river and along the way climbed a couble of hill climbs, changing the rubicon into low mode esp.... man i had almost forgot how much of a goat she is!!!!!!!!! in low esp 1st gear mode. sometimes i just like to see how slow i can climb them hills. And I weigh over 300lbs and it dont bother her at all.

Any way sorry for rambling, but hey I just had one of those moments where I was happy all over again like when I bought it new. It was a cool fealing.

Old 08-20-2004, 09:26 PM
Range Rover

Hey thats what its all about just getting out and getting away from the rest of the world, the trouble free aspect is very nice!

Old 08-20-2004, 09:47 PM
Pro Rider
Loves riding and can't get enough.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Low ESP is the biggest reason no other TV interests me today. I enjoy riding ours as much as I did the day we bought it, probably even more. Between the wife and I and our Tamarack trunk we haul a little over 400 lbs. We are going to join the 5000 Mile Trouble Free Club here in a week or two.

TIC, sure hope your Grandfather is doing OK.

Specta

Old 08-21-2004, 01:24 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Good for you. It's nice to hear those kind of stories. That's what this is all about.

Old 08-21-2004, 04:39 AM
Pro Rider

How is your Grandpa? What kind of surgery did he have? Glad to see you took your mind off the surgery and had a great time.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Hope he gets well and I'm thinking of him since surgeries don't always work out for the best.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Just remember when you're feeling bad go for a ride and enjoy yourself.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Tell me how he is in the next few days,sickrider

Old 08-21-2004, 01:29 PM
Pro Rider

somtimes it nice to just get away from it all and do a bit of riding to take a few things of your mind.
im glad to here that youve got that many miles on it without any trouble.
i've just hit a thousand miles with my rube and im going on a all day ride tomorow.
it about 50 miles each way and its all trail through the mountains so it will be slow going with lots of rest brakes.
the ride is through the telqua pass and theres no road just what the atv's make.
so its slow going.
but its all fun.
P.S. i hope your grand pa gets well soon.
tell him were all wishing him a full recovery.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-23-2004, 09:19 AM
TIC
Pro Rider

Did not expect all the replys asking how my grand father was... Thank you.. it was heart felt.
He is 84 and had total hip replacment. And is doing good. His rehab was postponed 2 days because of his poor bone condition. they had to set the new sockets and joints with screws instead of the normal "cement" Its been a bit of an ordeal but he needed it done cause the last 3 months he not been even able to walk or ride in cars. His "pride" was suffering terrible also. but now we can only hope this helps him and he can gain some mobility.

Once again thanks for asking