Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Help out a fellow Honda rider

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2004, 03:15 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help out a fellow Honda rider

** Voting is now over and we helped James win with over 51% of the more than 11,000 votes. Thanks again and Ride-On [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img] **

This isn't one of those internet hoaxes that ask you to help find someone's lost child who never existed in the first place. This is from the Honda V-4 forum (Magna, Sabre, Interceptor).

"A good friend of mine's son is a player on the Hawaiian Islanders (Arena) football team. They're having an "Ironman of the year" contest and are accepting votes online.

He is a good kid who worked very hard to get where he is, he played at Hofstra University for five(suited up for last four) years. School did not come natural to this young man but he had a dream and with the help of tutors, family and friends he has been able to follow/live it. I believe we will see him in the NFL someday as this is his goal.

The most important point I should make is he is truly an Iron man, I can only imagine what he can do now, I can remember him having to drop the weight on the bench to 400lbs to pick up stamina/speed rather than to build. He is powerful overall/proportioned too, not just on top. I used to help him get his computer games going, would crack me up, picture this huge guy asking how to get the "Sims" to work. Almost like hearing Mike Tyson speak. lol

The voting is on the right side of the website in a grey box. He is the 4th one down. His name:

James Davis, OL/DL 15 games
Vote here

I'd appreciate a minute of your time to do this. As far as ethics, I said he is truly an Ironman and that should be good enough. I rarely lie. At posting he has (32.3%) of the vote.

Thanks
Big Al "

The secret is that you can vote as many times as you want! If you've got some time as you sit on your computer, please put in some votes for James.

Oh yeah, and check out the cheerleaders while you're on the site

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-20-2004, 07:45 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Do you have a balloon?

Brought him up 2/10 of a %. Hope it helped.

Old 08-20-2004, 07:56 PM
Pro Rider

I did 22 votes and brought him up to 40%.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I hope I helped.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-20-2004, 08:02 PM
Pro Rider

I'll do another 20 or 30 votes tonight.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-21-2004, 03:53 PM
Pro Rider

im not even a honda rider and i put in my vote for him...

Old 08-21-2004, 04:42 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks for all the help guys! James is solidly in first at this time. Unfortunately, no one seems to be able to find out when the voting ends. Hopefully soon cause it's hard to hold people's interest with something that's of very little real importance to any of us. Maybe someday we'll see this guy in the NFL and can say, "Hey! I remember voting for him in some silly online poll when he played in Hawaii[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]." Actually, when you think about it, playing football in Hawaii (with HOT cheerleaders) can't be too terrible a way to spend your time[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-23-2004, 09:54 PM
Pro Rider

ttt