Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Rincon tops out at 49 MPH...

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2004 | 01:05 PM
Pro Rider
Default Rincon tops out at 49 MPH...

Originally posted by: rezboy
not likely, time for a reality check!
For the origional poster, Since you say it doesnt get ridden often, I would drain the carb bowl, AND the tank.. Possibly a little moisture from sitting?
Next I would Check my plug and see how if it's running rich ( dark sooty) . If so, Drop the main a size until your machine is happy again, I would also check my aircleaner and air box for crud and clan as necessary.
IM laying money its a simple fix, sounds like it anyhow.

ANd to the Quoted post above.. When Honda Produces a 4x4 utility quad off the showroom floor that can follow even a 250 XPlorer through the rough, THEN youll have room to talk.. Reality checked..
The amount spent to make a Rincon follow a 600 sportsman in the rough (locker and tires) will Exceed what it takes for a sportsman 600 keep up with the rincon in a drag race .. Again, reality checked.

No offense to normal polite honda riding and lovin folks.

Old 09-21-2004 | 01:57 PM
Trailblazer

Aren't polaris belt drive? They need to get with the times, and oh yeah, i beat the 600's out of the hole, mid-range and top end......no prob.

Old 09-21-2004 | 02:04 PM
Trailblazer

the stock tires are garbage, just picked up ITP rims and Kenda Bear Claw tires. Work great, don't have to worry too much about deep mud or snow!

Old 09-21-2004 | 02:10 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: rezboy
Aren't polaris belt drive? They need to get with the times, and oh yeah, i beat the 600's out of the hole, mid-range and top end......no prob.
You dont know what Kind of drive polaris has? WOW, a battle of wits with an unarmed person.
Lets see Get with the times huh?? Hmmmm Honda just released its 05 models,
Lets see, Drum brakes, No diff lock, No low range, Who needs to get with the times?
And 7300 dollars for a 500 cc machine when you can get 700 cc plus machines WITH disc brakes all the way around, diff locks, IRS and low range for less?
Unhuh, Im not sure what your smoking. And your bragging about owning a Rincon? It's the slowest Least, capable big bore out there.
Yawn... Your Boring, Your quads boring.

Again, no offense to the Nice normal Honda Lovin folkes.

Old 09-21-2004 | 02:59 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Gotta love these pissing matches, what's the point guys?????

The Rincon is a great machine, for what it was built for.
Maybe you guys should do some research and find out why Honda built the Rincon the way it is, before bashing it. What a concept. That goes for both sides of the argument............
Because of it's size and design, it gets compared to the other big daddies. But it wasn't designed to do all the things the other big daddies are designed for.
Mayb someday Honda will build a 650+ "Utility" quad.
The Rincon is a "Sport/Utility" or SUV. To mix some of both, but more toward the Sport/SUV side.