Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Lay off the crack pipe Honda, You put Reverse on the wrong Quad!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2004, 11:08 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lay off the crack pipe Honda, You put Reverse on the wrong Quad!!!

Where are you guys seeing this?

Old 09-16-2004, 11:54 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: MURDR
Whoa............. Take it easy there fruity delux. Dont get your G-string in a bundle. Wow its sad when some one from honda agrees with what i am saying. Then some D!ck head like you comes on and tries to get tuff. Take your internet tuff guy attitude and get the F*ck out of here. Oh ya ............................Dont forget to pull that large shaft out of your as$.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Lovely, i'm some dick head for what?? I never once went into yamaha or suzuki and made a thread saying "Lay off the crack pipe Suzuki" Seriously your saying that im an interenet tough guy when I am just stating facts? Please go look in the suzuki forums and see how many bs threads their are about this and that.. Now look in the honda forum. There are many people who believe honda are at the top of their game, some don't. I infact think that all the quad companies have something good about them, heck. Here's a list.

Yamaha: 660r (Great woods bike and very torquey), yfz450 (Great track bike)

Suzuki: Z400 ( Liquid cooled 400 cc w/ reverse and electric start)

Polaris: Predator (500cc great suspension)

Honda: 450r (great XC/woods racer) 400ex (aircooled *simplicity*, great torque and suspension)

They ALL have their advantages for different styles of riding, and rider adaptions. Some people who like to straight up ride mx won't ussually go for a z400 or 660 raptor, they will go for the yfz or 450r because they are the new Race 4-stroke quads. I personally have looked into getting several different quads, the ds650, yfz450, trx450r, predator. I haven't yet though. I am just saying why complain about putting reverse on something? Yeah you have your own right to your own opinion but come on, the 400 is an ex, a sport quad only. A trx450 is a race quad, they wanted to keep it simple so they stuck with kick start without reverse.. Come on, how many "racers" do you see with reverse?? This forum is full of things like that, also.. Sorry buddy but i'm not queer, nor' do I wear g-strings.

Old 09-17-2004, 12:05 AM
Pro Rider

A local Honda dealer was selling 04 450r's for 5249 plus the usual BS stuff. No 04 YFZ's around at any of the local shops here. Honda missed the boat w/ no electric start and could of captured more trail riders by putting reverse on it also.. Z400 sales will still bury the revised 400ex in sales. The Z450 will tap into the YFZ and 450r sales and could bury the 450r sales if Suzy puts out the right package.. My unbiased opinion as I ride a Cannondale.. I thought the original topic was pretty damn funny though. LOL

Old 09-17-2004, 12:44 AM
Pro Rider

hey yfzblu I live in phoenix
where do you like to ride
I go to hassayampa river
still looking for better places to go

Old 09-17-2004, 03:09 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: Sandgod
A local Honda dealer was selling 04 450r's for 5249 plus the usual BS stuff. No 04 YFZ's around at any of the local shops here. Honda missed the boat w/ no electric start and could of captured more trail riders by putting reverse on it also.. Z400 sales will still bury the revised 400ex in sales. The Z450 will tap into the YFZ and 450r sales and could bury the 450r sales if Suzy puts out the right package.. My unbiased opinion as I ride a Cannondale.. I thought the original topic was pretty damn funny though. LOL
Thats all i meant it to be. I didnt now that smoked was going to get all yamaha' ish on me. As for that price is awsome for the trx-450r, especially if you use a out of state adress. This is because you dont have to pay taxes. But the rm-450 just came out, and if you dont know what that is , its suzukis new 450 dirt bike. Liked to get a hp rating on the new zuk because they will put it on the z-450 . Just like yam. and honda did. The thing is the dirtbikes usally have a tad bit more p ower.

Old 09-17-2004, 11:30 AM
Pro Rider

The problem is that the manufacturers are not producing enough models, or options.

A true RACE machine (As the YFZ and 450R are supposed to be) has No reverse, No electric start, and Maximum power output (No additional 'kits' available for more power for more $$$) These are strictly for racing right? Power to weight ratios are critical.

The problem arises when the mfg's start trying to make a 'one size fits all' or "overall" machine.. Granted, a great trail bike should have reverse, and Estart... the general masses want this stuff too for creature comforts. Why don't they make these as options on a bare bones bike or race bike? That way everybody could be happy with whats available. (Seems like it works that way in the auto industry somewhat)

Personally, I'd like to be able to buy a full on RACE machine without ANY bells/whistles that had some REAL ARM STRETCHING HORSEPOWER!
Unfortunately there's nothing on todays market that fits that criteria.

I'm done *stepping off my soap box*

Old 09-17-2004, 03:43 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: mucky
hey yfzblu I live in phoenix
where do you like to ride
I go to hassayampa river
still looking for better places to go
I ride the river sometimes....others I go to Lake Havasu, rocky point mexico, the cinders...california...I don't really do a lot of riding here

Old 09-17-2004, 11:59 PM
Pro Rider

A true RACE machine (As the YFZ and 450R are supposed to be) has No reverse, No electric start
um...ok, i agree with the theory, and hate to even get into the pissing match here, but the YFZ HAS estart and it weighs the same as the 450R. and it makes more HP which results in the higher power to weight ratio that is so sought after. and according to major race results, the majority of wins are going in favor of the yamaha (and doug gust...oh wait.. his bike has estart...oh, but it cant because its a 'racing bike' - the "sucky z400" based machine...racers cant have estart!).

now, i dont think any of us can beat digger doug, but he is a pro racer getting a factory check, and rides a racing bike and pushes a button to start it. i know his bike is not stock but wether it is stock or not does not erase this fact.

i garrantee you that the new suzuki 450 will have estart. the macho-man kicking days are over. its all about riding, getting back in the race fast and winning now.

Old 09-18-2004, 10:36 AM
Range Rover

if it had e-start fine if it didn't have it fine. I would rather have my kicker than an e-start because with the e-start you have to save wieght in other places (upper a-arms) BUT even though the 450r kicks oiver easily under normal conditions, if you stall that bike then you got to kick the hell out of it. i dont know if it leaves too much or not enuf fuel in the carb or what but thats just how it is.
did the 450 suzuki bike just come out ? if it did they may wait a while for a 450 quad just so they have time to make it perfect

Old 09-20-2004, 12:05 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: twentycharacters
A true RACE machine (As the YFZ and 450R are supposed to be) has No reverse, No electric start
um...ok, i agree with the theory, and hate to even get into the pissing match here, but the YFZ HAS estart and it weighs the same as the 450R. and it makes more HP which results in the higher power to weight ratio that is so sought after. and according to major race results, the majority of wins are going in favor of the yamaha (and doug gust...oh wait.. his bike has estart...oh, but it cant because its a 'racing bike' - the "sucky z400" based machine...racers cant have estart!).

now, i dont think any of us can beat digger doug, but he is a pro racer getting a factory check, and rides a racing bike and pushes a button to start it. i know his bike is not stock but wether it is stock or not does not erase this fact.

i garrantee you that the new suzuki 450 will have estart. the macho-man kicking days are over. its all about riding, getting back in the race fast and winning now.

Well then, you get my point... Kinda: Just think how much better power:weight ratio would be on the YFZ if it didn't have eStart? And the crappy "sucky z400" could be improved by this too... True "RACE" bikes push the limit on all aspects, and that should include power:weight....
I'm not starting or participating in a pissin' contest here... just stating that these items SHOULD be OPTIONS, that might just raise the chances of giving the general populous what they want... afterall it is their $$$$ right?

My $.02

Quick Reply: Lay off the crack pipe Honda, You put Reverse on the wrong Quad!!!