Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Lay off the crack pipe Honda, You put Reverse on the wrong Quad!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2004, 11:09 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Lay off the crack pipe Honda, You put Reverse on the wrong Quad!!!

The 400ex looks sweet with 450r plastics on them, took em long enough to put reverse on it........................Though they would of gained so much more business if the 450r had reverse. I know i would of been buying one.

Old 09-16-2004, 11:20 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why would Honda put reverse on a 450R??

All that would do is add 13lbs. to the weight...Honda already had to put on a kickstarter to reduce weight...Adding reverse would be frivilous...They had to do it to the EX keep up with the Z...Although If I were honda, I would have added reverse, and put a bigger carb on the thing...thats just my .02....Hondas REAL mistake was pricing the quad the same as the z400...

Old 09-16-2004, 12:08 PM
Pro Rider

Some thing............. all i know is that honda has let alot of there people down. But what i do know is that yamaha is going to up ther yfz-450 to a true 450cc in 2006. The same time the z-450 is supposed to come out. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Old 09-16-2004, 12:21 PM
"One Wheel Short"
slow day around the orafice I see!

Reverse on a race machine? Why? when do you need to back up on the track? Oh ya...Carmicheal, Windam, Stewart....Ya reverse is used by those guys all the time, your right!

Old 09-16-2004, 01:05 PM
Pirate Biker
Limping Rider!
Received 43 Likes on 43 Posts

I have a 450R and I don't give a rat's a$$ whether it has reverse or electric start. I think if you ask any 450R owner they would say the same thing.
I don't race, I ride trails and dunes and I love this quad!

Old 09-16-2004, 01:28 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah, but the thing is if at had reverse it would of been the best all round quad. Especailly when you ride trails, you cant sit there and say the you wouldnt like reverse. It comes in handy all the time......... For dunes though , yeah you dont need it. I just hope suzuki can pick up the slack and make a quad that dumps on the yfz.

Old 09-16-2004, 02:23 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Honda would have been better off putting reverse on the 450R simply because it isn't having a lot of sucess at the track. They should have kept the 400EX at the same price as last year, even with reverse. With the 450R not getting any updates except for color, look for the YFZ 450 to be a better MX quad for another year. Of course you could built a Doug Gust replica Z and have a better quad than either one. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 09-16-2004, 02:44 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I have a pred, and I have no reverse, and love it. I like the new preds, but I don't want reverse either, it just adds weight, and is in my way. I would also like to have the luxury(sp?) of having kick start like the 450r has, I really don't need the electric either.

Old 09-16-2004, 03:25 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: rockrider
Honda would have been better off putting reverse on the 450R simply because it isn't having a lot of sucess at the track. They should have kept the 400EX at the same price as last year, even with reverse. With the 450R not getting any updates except for color, look for the YFZ 450 to be a better MX quad for another year. Of course you could built a Doug Gust replica Z and have a better quad than either one. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
ckeck out my signiture. i will be getting my engine back in about a week and a half

Old 09-16-2004, 04:04 PM
Pro Rider

have a 450R and I don't give a rat's a$$ whether it has reverse or electric start. I think if you ask any 450R owner they would say the same thing.
well to each his own. i dont care about reverse that much, but i have a 450R and they would have made a more complete package if they would have put estart on it. like it or not, yamaha did it with the yfz and came in at the same weight. i bet you that the new suzuki will have estart.

besides, in a race you are not going to be able to start that engine faster than hitting the little button... i watched a race (dont remember what they called it - its when they were at the gravity or x-games and had the race on dirt/pavement) a few weeks ago and everyone from pastrana to mcgraff (well his started a little faster) kicked the @!#& #! out of those bikes before they got them started again. pastrana gave up and someone else had to start it for him. these were all fourstroke 450 bikes. if they all had estart, they would have been back in the race.

but honda should have kept the price of the 400ex the same; then they would have something. forking over $500 more dollars for it is a reason to go to the suzuki shop.

Quick Reply: Lay off the crack pipe Honda, You put Reverse on the wrong Quad!!!