Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Rubicon Questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2000, 11:40 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bill, I do see your point, but you obviously missed mine... it seems like any discussion involving the Rubicon always ends up as a brake debate. This particular post asked about several different topics, but it seems everyone immediately focused on brakes. I'm not judging whether disks or drums are better; I agree with Tree Farmer in that if they work for you, so be it. My only point is that I wish people could discuss other merits (or "de-merits") of the Rubicon other than it's drum brakes.

Old 08-30-2000, 03:45 PM
Pro Rider

RED
Did you see the article in 4 wheeler about Rubby and the Rubicon trail,I thought was great article.They need to take all the big boys out there and do shootout.Just ride them and enjoy and switch rides and then write it up.CM

Old 08-30-2000, 07:07 PM
Trailblazer

Sorry Rubeman,

Do a search on "reset" in Honda ATV's. That should give you the message I was referring to.
Here is the summary:

Subject: rubicon problems!!
Author: muddawg
Forum: Honda ATVs
Score: 84%
Message Summary: This reset can be done on the trail. I hope I remember this right. Hope this is a help to people.

Old 08-30-2000, 09:15 PM
Range Rover

Actually, I was just giving you a hard time. I've read pretty much everything in this forum that has been written about the Rubicon. Yes, there have been a few electrical glitches. I don't believe there are any widespread problems though. Every manufacturer, including Honda, has had defects, or glitches, or whatever you want to call them in their model lines. I believe that if a widespread problem does arise, Honda would stand behind it. I also believe that since the Rubicon has so much new and innovative technology on it, a lot of "naysayers" are going to jump all over any little things that do pop up and play them up much bigger than they actually are.

Ya know, all I can say on the brake thing is... it doesn't matter if you have disk or drum!! If you take care of your brakes, whether disk or drum, they will take care of you! Let it go, people!