Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

hunting trip

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2004, 03:24 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hunting trip

Went deer hunting yesterday. Went with about 5 buddies up to the mountain to look for Axis deer. They took their trucks, I followed them with my quad. It sure is fun running circles around them, watching them struggle through mud, slid into ruts, drag their bumper against the wall, etc. Not to mention spend 3/4 tank of gas. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] When we finally get to the point where they can't get their 4x4's any further down the trail..they get out and start walking down the trail. Of couse...I'm still sitting down....so they eventually start giving me their packs and rifles to strap on my racks. Soon, one or two guys are sitting on the racks. And we are still going downhill. The topic of the morning is, "Man...I got to get me one of these!" The trail is pretty messed up, steep and slippery. A few guys fall flat on their ***. Cursing as their rifle gets mud on it. All my gear is still clean. And I still haven't broke a sweat.

The day wears on, we a see a few does, but no trophies. Eventually the afternoon catches up with us and we meet at the
bottom
of the valley to eat. We all chat, talking about what we saw, how drunk we got the other day, compare guns, whittle a stick or two. I can read all of their faces. Who gets to ride with me on the quad back up the mountain? They prolong the inevitable. I see it coming a mile away. Finally a few guys get up...stretch...and slowly creep towards the bike. I turn my head away, smile, and think to myself...."Best 5 grand I ever spent!"

To all you sportsman out there who know what I'm talking about....don't you wish all your friends had a bike?