Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

got a rincon

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2004, 09:14 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default got a rincon

So, today i picked up my Rincon, while at the dealership i might as well add i got to ride a few other brands for it would be bad to make a purchase without looking at the options. I rode the Rincon, King Quad, and Brute Force. My least favorite of the three was the BF, it steered really heavy, almost top heavyish, but it had buckets of torque. It won in the torque category for sure. Also it grinded into gear which seemed sort of cheap. I like the "look" of this quad the best, it looks mean, espcially the front end. Next was the King Quad, i really have to say this has or felt 'seat of the pants" as much torque as the BF, it handled a bit better, overall i was very impressed with this machine, and would consider it if i had not tried the rincon. (ok, i think i would consider a KQ in a second as a 2nd quad, if that option existed!) Ok, first off, i will agree the rincon is the least powerful, but it steered the best, rode the best, idled the best (i know these are brand new and will break in), and i liked the fit and finish/the fact that its a Honda the best. I have to point out, that utility isnt the primary objective, i wanted a 4wd quad that i could ride mostly locally and have fun on, with the occasional hook up to a wagon/trailer/ use to push snow (which is not that othen, but we can hope for massive snows at least!) Anyway, i will admit, it has a flat powerband, that should improve after the breakin, so i have read. Plus i have read the mods such as doing the dynoport/exhaust really wake it up. I wont do anything of that nature for awhile, after its broken in, etc. I think the first mods will be the warn push bar and some CV protection. I like the CV guards from that company with the 3 letter name that is from oregon, cant think of it offhand, but they look topnotch.

Anyway, i hope for many trouble free miles/years out of this quad. I parked it away for the evening, i have too much stuff to finish before tomorrow morning!

fwiw- the dealer or salesman didnt even like the rincon, he tried to push the other brands on me. He only talked well of the machines, ride and honda''s reliability

Old 11-17-2004, 09:30 PM
Pro Rider
Default got a rincon

the only thing i really dont care about the rincon is the tranny if it would ever fail for any reason ... hope it never happens to you... but it will cost tons to fix while a belt is under 40 bucks... other then that the rincon is awesome i love it my buddy has one and his really woke up at 350 miles... really woke up u will definatly notice

great choice on your quad have fun with it and ride safely hahah jk ***** to the walls

Old 11-17-2004, 09:35 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default got a rincon

i agree on the trans, time will tell....knock on wood

Old 11-17-2004, 09:39 PM
Pro Rider
Default got a rincon

come on trany smanny,,... thats a few cases we hear about, do u know how many are ridden ever day with no prblem?.... congradulations.

Old 11-17-2004, 09:47 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default got a rincon

roscoe-
how do you like those moose lights? I saw them in their catalog, they look to be a good price,and more light is never bad to have.

Old 11-17-2004, 09:49 PM
Pro Rider
Default got a rincon

i cant say i hate em. there not the absolute best, but for 35$ you cant believe what they do over stock. you see broader, wider, and everything is much more clear, the stock lights seem like there on dimmers,,,, if you buyem, read my post on the honda foruma few weeks back about installing them, or start a new one, ill help you through it.

Old 11-17-2004, 09:56 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default got a rincon

thanks for the info, ill look into it, if $ werent an issue, and if they were possible to hook up those Hella or KC HID lights that recreate daylight would be so sick on a quad....

Old 11-17-2004, 11:43 PM
Range Rover
Default got a rincon

Regarding the Rincon's reliability, do a search for "Rincon Owners Forum" and have a look at my thread titled "4000 mile Rincon". That'll tell you all you need to know.

Old 11-18-2004, 08:39 AM
Pro Rider
Default got a rincon

I have tried but cant find the tread intitled "4000 mile rincon". Whats the storie here ?

Old 11-18-2004, 12:42 PM
Range Rover
Default got a rincon

Sorry, I meant do a Google search for "Rincon Owners Forum". It is a forum solely for Rincon riders. There is a thread called "4000 mile Rincon" in the General area. I should have been more clear...

Quick Reply: got a rincon