Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

problems with my trx200

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2005, 07:02 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default problems with my trx200

My quad bogged out and gass started pouring from the overflow .under the carberator..all of the gas continued too pour out of the overflow untill the tank was empty...can anyone tell me what the heck is going on with this thing? IT wouldnt start at all...

Old 01-29-2005, 07:34 PM
Weekend Warrior

Gas leak or line blockage?

I'm not surprised that the bike wouldn't start. It sounds like for some reason the gas is not actually getting TO the engine.

I would check gas lines first. On the surface, this seems like a pretty straightforward issue. Keep us updated if you find the cause.

-ET

Old 01-29-2005, 10:29 PM
Trailblazer

checked the gas lines...they are all connected.. not sure what the problem is..thanks

Old 01-30-2005, 05:28 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: dadsworry
checked the gas lines...they are all connected.. not sure what the problem is..thanks
It's not just checking that they are connected, but that there is no blockage. If, for instance, a piece of dirt got in the tank last time you filled the gas, that piece of dirt could be clogging up the line...

Old 01-30-2005, 01:57 PM
Weekend Warrior

float may be stuck open on it, cuase it to flow out the over flow and wont start becuase floaded..

Old 02-01-2005, 05:44 PM
Trailblazer

took off the carb today and checked the float..it was moving freely so it didnt appear too be stuck..still not sure what the problem is...one more question guys....will a quad start when the ignission switch is disconnected?

Old 02-01-2005, 06:56 PM
Trailblazer

I have also encountered this problem with my TRX 200 as well. I fixed up this old beast a few months ago when it had been sitting around for about 8 years! I put a new carb kit in it and cleaned out the gas tank as good as I could. Put it all back together and had problems with the float sticking open, causing it to spill gas out of the overflow tube. At first, after taking the carb apart it was just junk from the tank plugging up the float. When I cleaned it out again my problem then switched to what you are describing. It would run allright and then all of the sudden it would bog down and gas would spew from the overflow. The float wasn't stuck open when I took the carb apart. I have since taken the carb apart numerous times to figure out what is going on and I don't know what it is for sure. The last time I put the carb back together I forgot to put the baffle back on the main jet. Get this, I haven't had a problem with it since then. I'm not saying this is the fix, but for now it's running better. I don't know if you've had this problem or not, but when I run my full throttle for a while (10 mins or so) it will die. As soon as it cools off it will run again, but will shut down again if I run it too long a full throttle. I don't know what's wrong with it, but it's annoying. Anyways hope this helps and good luck.

Old 02-18-2005, 06:16 PM
Weekend Warrior

10 mins full throttle? cools off? its not becuase its hott its becuase the bell is runing out of gas have u guys checked the filter IN the gas tank? lines are clear? have you hooked up the gas tank to the carb witht he bell off and turn ed on the gas and pushec the float up and down? fo instance, Pushing the float up SHOULD shut the gass off completely, it being down gas should pour out pretty fast, so if your holding the float allt he way up and gas is still coming out the needle is bad, If the float is down and the gas doesnt seem to flow very fast its dirty lines,needle, filter in tank, makes sure bell is clean at the bottom +) good luck guys thats about everything that would cause it..