Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

why did you choose honda?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2005 | 11:16 PM
Range Rover
Default why did you choose honda?

besides standard maintnence there pretty much bullet proof.
biggest thing ive had to replace yet is the front sprocket

Old 03-29-2005 | 11:30 PM
Pro Rider

reliable machines, long lasting little maitenence, fairly cheap prices, quality design and very well built to take a beating both sport and utility.

Old 03-29-2005 | 11:52 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Do you have a balloon?

Because in 1997 the 300ex seemed like a dam fine idea. I'm glad I bought it because I have not like a Warrior that I have ridden. Remember when those were the only good choices for trail quads?

Old 03-29-2005 | 11:54 PM
Range Rover

best on earth...duh!

Old 03-29-2005 | 11:59 PM
Trailblazer

My friend begged me into it. If you find the right dealer they can be a hell of a value. <www.southernhonda.com> After you work out the bugs on the new machine, they are a very tough machine.

NOW HEAR THE TRUTH.

If you are fortunate enough to have a friend that will let you test ride thier big honda, thier little honda, thier big yamaha, and thier little yamaha ETC
on terrain you like to ride then ride ride ride and DECIDE FOR YOURSELF! They are all tough as hell as best i can tell. Be more concerned for your safety
than your new mag wheels. Ride smart, Ride safe, Ride cheap, and ride ride ride. Damn life is good!

Beagles

Old 03-30-2005 | 10:00 AM
Pirate Biker
Limping Rider!

Originally posted by: zoom545
What does Honda do to make their stuff so reliable?
Years of R&D before they release a new quad/bike.

Old 03-30-2005 | 02:03 PM
Pro Rider
Loves riding and can't get enough.

Originally went in to buy a SP 500 HO, a yellow one. The sales people kept trying to get me to check out a Rubicon. I thought it was too boxy looking, not "sporty" like the SP500. I did not like the idea of it being in 4-wd all the time. Why would anybody want their ATV in 4-wd all the time?? They showed me how the trans worked and I thought the ESP was a gimmick.

The last place we looked let us ride all of their ATVs. Came down to a new SP500 HO or a 450 Kodiak. The sales guy said, "before you make a final decision, just ride this Rubicon". So, just to entertain him we said OK. He showed me the different modes and I was off. I took off in ESP and ran it up and down through the "gears". I rode it about 50 yards. Then my wife road it in D1. When she returned she just smiled. I told the salesman we would take a Red one. Done deal.

The boxy look keeps the mud off us, our Polaris riding friends get covered. Being in 4-wd is a non-issue. The trans, excellent. It would be hard to ever buy something else, especially a snowmobile on wheels.

Old 03-30-2005 | 02:09 PM
Range Rover

Because it matched the other hondas in the garage.

Seriously - when my dad bought the 250r - he had ridden them all.

Decided on the honda due to reliability.

Its obviously reliable. Still going 20 years later.

Old 03-30-2005 | 02:21 PM
Weekend Warrior

Dependability is why i chose honda. I can go on a long ride and not have to worry about breaking down.

Old 03-30-2005 | 03:02 PM
K2
Trailblazer

Before I bought, I borrowed a friends Honda (300) to go on a wknd ride. My other friends also had Hondas (450s). We stayed at a guys place for the wknd, he had 2 Hondas and his dog's name - yep, Honda. About 45 other bikes showed up for the ride. Of the 45, 2 were Polaris, 2 Kawis and 1 Yamaha. The rest were Honda. These people ride a lot so the numbers pretty much spoke for themeselves. When one of the Kawis cracked a fender rubbing against a tree, I then heard the common phrase... "Shoulda bought a Honda." That's was about all I needed, had a new Ruby a couple weeks later.

Quick Reply: why did you choose honda?