Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

450r and the yzf

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2005, 01:38 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 450r and the yzf

yfz450trx400ex....I agree. Seems like 90% of what's on these threads is opinion, and that's what the thread originator is frequently asking for. However, they do like that opinion to be based on real experience, especially real comparisons between two products. Please note that I was careful to indicate opinion (JMO), or give my real experience base.
I was trying to give lbc a comparison that she asked for. She will need to ride both to make up her own mind. Everyone has different requirements, and she sounds like a "racer". If so, she is going to like the YFZ more, unless she is riding trails.

Buck and others.....I agree that the YFZ has to be ridden full out, on the pegs (as I said). It's a racer. You guys who are on the pegs 90% of the time are definitely not the average sport quad riders! JMO. Congratulations on your fitness!

However, I believe that 90% of all sport quad riders are on the seat at least 50% of the time...what would be your estimate?? (JMO, based on 20 years of observation and experience.) I have nine friends with 450s, none of them are on the pegs over 50% of the time. All the YFZ450 owners have softened their suspension, and they all complain about the seat.

The seat can be upgraded (for the majority of us that ride on the seat 50% of the time).
The shocks can be softened, but I'm expecting lbc to need to buy aftermarket shocks for the YFZ, based on her weight and expectations. JMO.

I don't own a 450R because it does not have electric start or reverse and I ride some trails.
I don't own a YFZ450 because it has that vibration I don't like.
I have been doing extensive comparison because I want to soon buy another sport quad. At this point I am waiting to see if Suzuki comes out with their rumored 450 (??), and to see what the 2006 Yamaha and Honda model changes are like.

It is so great to have this competition between the sport quad manufacturers. It gives us real choices to fit our needs. Used to be just either 250R, LT250R, or Banshee!
One thing we no longer have with all the new 4-strokes is the sustained resale value we used to enjoy with the 250R. :-(

lbc....each time I have bought a new quad I have kept my old one to see which I "grab" (as you said). So far it has always been the new quad I have preferred. But this is an excellent approach. My Raptor will be the next one to be sold.

They're all great quads. It's a great sport. Y'all have fun.

Old 04-27-2005, 12:39 AM
Range Rover
Default 450r and the yzf

Morewood, I wasn't directing anything that I said at you, or any other person in particular. And I'm not trying to be pissey or easily annoyed or anything. Heck, I'm not even annoyed. I understand that what you said was your opinion, and I appreciate it as that. What I meant by what I said was that this thread is six pages of practicly the same opinions voiced over and over again. No big deal, if that's what you guys want to hear. I was just saying that I'm done talking about the same things all the time. I'm not asking that the thread be based on my personal wants; I don't expect that at all. I just think that these awesome bikes have more to talk about than what we've already covered!! To anyone new to this thread wanting to hear these arguments/opinions, there are already six pages of 'em, so there should be all they need. Anyway, no disrespect to anyone intended. Write what you want, I'd just like to start hearing about something new. I love the sport, and I love to talk about it as much as anybody else, but I'd like to have some depth to the talk as well. That's just me. This thread should reflect what the majority decides to talk about however, not just me, so talk about what you want, I'll be watching!

Old 05-13-2005, 02:44 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default 450r and the yzf

Hey ill race you and besides the honda i found out has so much more potenial then the yamaha and all my friends have problems with fouling out plugs or something is always wrong with them. and the kickstart you will never have a problem with starting it if your not a pansy and if it runs right itll start first kick in the winter of wisconsin with choke on. Wanna race email me and ill hook you up with a race youll never win

Old 05-14-2005, 03:23 AM
Pro Rider
Default 450r and the yzf

450r969,

I see your a little new in here....LOL. Just between you and me I'll let you in on a little secret. There's a couple of ways to earn respect and have people actually pay attention to what you post. No offense, but you haven't even come close to touching any of these possibilites.

If your gonna come out flaming someone like that for no reason at all I would start with some sort of basic english and punctuation. It's one thing to make an *** of yourself about something that we could care less about, it's another thing to do it and not even attempt to use some basic third grade english in the process. You see, now no one will take you seroiusly. Everyone on this thread is just laughing at you. Even the people who own 450Rs. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Go take a break, relax, breath easily, and come back replying something astounding and use punctuation in the process. You will be taken a little more seriously.

Buck

Old 05-14-2005, 09:05 AM
Pro Rider
Default 450r and the yzf

get a service honda 250r it weighs 310 lbs full of gas and has about 50 hp at the rear wheels

Old 05-14-2005, 12:09 PM
Range Rover
Default 450r and the yzf

Buck, as always, you're right on! Can't say that I have any time to pay attention to the opinions of *** holes! This kid needs to grow up, or get off the thread. Hey, I'm goin to florence today, if anybody's in the area, look me up! I'll be parked at goosepasture!

Old 05-14-2005, 06:33 PM
Pro Rider
Default 450r and the yzf

Originally posted by: yfz450trx400ex
Buck, as always, you're right on! Can't say that I have any time to pay attention to the opinions of *** holes! This kid needs to grow up, or get off the thread. Hey, I'm goin to florence today, if anybody's in the area, look me up! I'll be parked at goosepasture!

LOL....
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Be careful out there. A good riding buddy of mine broke his Clavical (sp) today at Little Sahara. Cut his weekend a little short. He's name on here is LMF. We don't want anymore injuries if ya know what I mean?

I'm gonna attempt to race at the local MX track tomorrow with this 35 year old body. Hopefull I won't regret it and end my weekend like he did.

Be careful and have fun.

Buck

Old 05-15-2005, 03:31 AM
Range Rover
Default 450r and the yzf

Ouch! That's no good! Well, another day with no accidents! Gosh, anybody who was out there today can agree with me, it was BEAUTIFUL!!! Perfect riding conditions! Overcast and warm! My bike was running awesome too! Lot's of fun! Anyone goin next weekend during Rhodi fest? I'm gonna make a run over there if the weather cooperates. I've never gone before, but I guess it attracts a lot of bikes. Seems to be worth takin a gander! Good luck racin the track tomorrow!

Old 05-15-2005, 03:32 PM
lbc
Range Rover
Default 450r and the yzf

Originally posted by: 450r969
Hey ill race you and besides the honda i found out has so much more potenial then the yamaha and all my friends have problems with fouling out plugs or something is always wrong with them. and the kickstart you will never have a problem with starting it if your not a pansy and if it runs right itll start first kick in the winter of wisconsin with choke on. Wanna race email me and ill hook you up with a race youll never win

I am just curious how does one manage to foul a plug on a 4-stroke??? It is pretty tough to do. They must be running their bikes waaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too rich!

Old 05-15-2005, 03:36 PM
lbc
Range Rover
Default 450r and the yzf

Originally posted by: buck183
450r969,

I see your a little new in here....LOL. Just between you and me I'll let you in on a little secret. There's a couple of ways to earn respect and have people actually pay attention to what you post. No offense, but you haven't even come close to touching any of these possibilites.

If your gonna come out flaming someone like that for no reason at all I would start with some sort of basic english and punctuation. It's one thing to make an *** of yourself about something that we could care less about, it's another thing to do it and not even attempt to use some basic third grade english in the process. You see, now no one will take you seroiusly. Everyone on this thread is just laughing at you. Even the people who own 450Rs. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Go take a break, relax, breath easily, and come back replying something astounding and use punctuation in the process. You will be taken a little more seriously.
buck

AMEN

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: 450r and the yzf