Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Ordering from Rocky Mountain ATV

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2000, 12:35 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I placed an order with Rocky Mountain ATV about 9 weeeks ago for items listed in their online catalog.I had ordered aftermarket performance parts for my 2000 Honda Rancher.Although this is a new model, you would think that they had parts in stock before they carried them in their catalog.To date, I have not receiced anything.I am beginning to think they specialize in out of stock items.This is no way to treat a customer. Has anyone had a similar experience with them?

Old 10-07-2000, 12:48 AM
Range Rover

my tires and filter took 5 days they said it would be here on 6 for my 250x. i think i would contact them

Old 10-07-2000, 09:44 AM
Trailblazer

I haven't ordered anything from Rocky Mountain ATV, but I have had similar problems w/ Highlifter. On Labor Day Weekend, I ordered the Rubicon fender kit from them, I still haven't received it. To begin w/ they didn't have the item in stock (I found out a week & 1/2 later). After calling a couple of times, they now say they have the item, but they are waiting on the bolts???????? Also, they have been telling me since the end of July they would have the lift kit available in 30 days. Its October 7, still no lift kit! I don't understand why someone would take orders for items that they don't have yet!!! It doesn't sound like good business to me!

Old 10-07-2000, 11:27 AM
Pro Rider

I have had nothing but good experiences with Rocky Mountain. I always receive my items quickly. If something is on back-order, they tell me on the phone, and leave it to me if I want to wait on it, or not order it at that time.

Here's a tip though, whatever you do, do not order from Factory Racing.

Old 10-07-2000, 01:24 PM
Trailblazer

I've never ordered anything from RMATV, but sometimes there could be some confusion on the shipment call them and let them know about the problem. Oh yea the guy with the rubicon, look at txdoc's fender kit pictures from highlifter, and fabricate one your self, probably alot cheaper. Lifts arent hard to make either, just dont make it too much.

Old 10-07-2000, 04:22 PM
Range Rover

I've only have great experiences with Rocky Mt. I've ordered most my parts from there. Your best bet is to call them. Like any company, there is probably a problem in shipping that they don't know about yet.

Old 10-07-2000, 05:55 PM
Trailblazer

I ordered a bag from them, and they told me it was on back order. I still put in for it because it was a great price. They told me about 2 to 3 weeks. After 1 week I received a call from them telling me my bag was on the way. It took about 4 days to get it. When it arrived it was the wrong bag. I called them and they said that they would have UPS pick it up. It took another 4 days before UPS picked up the bag.
After a few more days went buy I was checking out their on-line catalog and discovered that the bag was in stock now. I called Rocky Mountain and they said my bag was going out today. I called back to get a UPS tracking number from them and found out that they were holding my bag until the wrong bag that was sent by them had come back even though they had UPS tracking number. I still do not have my bag yet. I have never did business with them before. This is a very bad business practice for treating a first time customer. The wrong bag sent was not my fault. Honda Rancher 4x4 and loving it.

Old 10-07-2000, 09:58 PM
Weekend Warrior

Never heard of Rocky Mountian ATV. Do they have a web sight and if so what is there web address.

Old 10-07-2000, 10:13 PM
Range Rover

I had a great experience with Rocky Mountain ATV. I ordered a helmet and goggles from them. They said they were on a two week back-order at the time, but I went ahead and ordered them anyway.

The order was placed on a Friday and I had them on my doorstep by Tuesday. AND, I live on the East Coast at that.

I don't think you can beat their prices either. As someone else suggested, I would call them.

Old 10-07-2000, 11:50 PM
Pro Rider

Alot of the ordering issues you all are having is that manufactures release stuff before they actually make it.. Like the FMF Powerbomb header was out in mags and on there website end of last year yet they finally just shipped them.. I know this also to be true with the DG alloy air box for the 400EX.. In mags and websites for sale but not released to the public yet...

Quick Reply: Ordering from Rocky Mountain ATV