Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Environmentalists

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2000, 12:03 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What's the point of them. Most of them complain that you shouldn't drive cars and most of them drive old hippi vans that backfire extensively and pollute more than 10 of todays newer cars. Everyone deserves to be able to do things they want without having to have the regulate or government take away area's for our sport. I know this doesn't always work for everything but it does in this case.

Doesn't everyone agree?

Old 10-12-2000, 12:24 PM
Pro Rider

What I want to know is y they keep going after automobiles and off-rode vehicles when the real polluters are all the diesel driven trucks/construction vehicles... Diesel fuel is far more pollutant than our oxygenated fuel... We have so much construction going on here in vegas and when you get up in the morning you can see the haze from all the construction vehicles..

Old 10-12-2000, 01:25 PM
Pro Rider

I seem to know a lot of women who hates us off-roaders and want us out of the woods but then they have no problem when a patch of woods or some fields get ripped up for a new mall or movie theater. HYPOCRITES

Old 10-12-2000, 03:39 PM
Pro Rider

What's the difference between an environmentalist and a land developer?
The land developer wants to build a house in the woods, the environmentlist already has a house in the woods.
Thank you Dennis Miller

We have way too many people in too small of an area out here. We have 35 million people and they're mostly in 5 counties (LA county has over 12 million people). Too many people=lots of pollution. To cut down on the smog out here, I would like to export 3/4 of our population to the rest of the country, kinda level it out. Especially all the trendy yuppie scum we have here with all their pos SUVs with megawatt stereos playing Madonna crap.

Then maybe I won't have to drive over 100 miles to have a place to ride.

Old 10-12-2000, 03:54 PM
Pro Rider

Don't send them here! LOL I agree there are so many worse offenders of pollution than is off roaders, land is a renews itself from roads and stuff like that. one of there big beefs is erosion, well erosion is a natural occuring thing, plus ever see a road that was used , dirt i mean, that isn't used for a period of time it is barely noticeable, our trails will not damage the land forever, I have seen trails not used for 2 years be so grown over that they were not usable. All there arguments are weak. Yes I know it when I lived in a college town there was a college there for hippies and enviromental types, they all drove 20 year old Volvo diesels and VW buses with stickers saying save the world and all that stuff.
Bottom line we actually hurt no one, the land will renew itself, unlike the developers who tear it down and build shopping plazas and house so close together you could pull down the wrong shade if you stuck your hand out to far. Or the huge RICH companies that polute far more in one day than is offroaders would in a year combined. and Snowmobilers my god our trails dissapear! we leave no trace! winter is 3 months long.

Old 10-12-2000, 07:52 PM
Pro Rider

I guess my trying to have a little fun was appreciated!
Now, then,
I have just finished reading an article in my local (county)paper about the Center for Biological Diversity. Started with 2 guys that were rangers for the state of New Mexico. These guys now have many thousands of people and a budget of close to $1million!
They are filing lawsuits all over the country using little known provisions in the law that were not being used as the BLM worked hard to keep everybody happy (some they did, some they didn't). Well, the CBD is filing lawsuits and are closing off over 97,000 acres in Orange County (where I live)(not that I mind less people here, but). These are the same people that are suing to close Glamis!
Don't think that just because they aren't going after your favorite riding area that it isn't a problem. They will get to you sooner or later.
They are winning for one very big reason, they are organized and have finances!
A vote for G. W. Bush won't stop them.
Join a organization that is willing to fight and send them some money. Do it now.
I'm a member of CORVA and the ASA. It won't take a lot of your money, I mean, Jeezokeezo, how much you going to spend on your quad this year? Join and send them $25! We can all afford that can't we?
We think we are winning because they try to close all of some place and they only get to close "some" of it. Well, THAT'S A LOSE TO ME!!

OK, now I'll get off the soap box and make room for the next guy.

Old 10-13-2000, 03:05 AM
Trailblazer

I agree guys.
Check out the ASA and also check outhttp://sharetrails.org/

send these guys 20 bucks - if we all did - then we too would have the respect in DC that other groups have. Com'on ! We spend more on gas in one riding.

Trending Topics

Old 10-13-2000, 11:30 AM
Pro Rider

Check this out. . .

http://www.ocregister.com/community/gnat01012cci.shtml

Read it.

Then get angry.

Then dig out your check books dammit.

Join and fight the good fight.

Let's start putting our money where our mouths are!