Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Is Honda still #1 in ATV sales?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2005, 09:48 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is Honda still #1 in ATV sales?

I'm sorry for even posting on this thread. Looks like people don't check ACTUAL overall sales figures, they just ask a friend who knows a dealer and then believes them. Good luck!!

Old 08-17-2005, 01:46 AM
Pro Rider

I love Honda. I am very brand loyal to them. One thing or "gripe" I have about them though, they never seem to put much effort into updating. Maybe thats not why Im a business man.

Honda puts a few updates every year or two, but do put out some new great machines(450r,etc). But think of the other models every other big companies make(Yamaha,Suzuki,Polaris,etc) they all make major updates quite frequently. This can also hurt them, like the '06 Yamaha wolverines, they are the ugliest quad I ever laid eyes on. So maybe Hondas lack of changes is a marketing technique? I see a lot of people on hear won't buy new models for the first couple years simply because most new models has something wrong with them. Like 2001 raptor, tranny. '03 z400, weak swingarms, etc.

I'll leave this to KNOWSALOT, he is obviously very smart in this business.

Old 08-17-2005, 02:13 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Knowsalot, I appreciate you sharing your info with us.
I heard that the recon, is the number one seller for honda, which would prove your point about novice vs enthusiaist. Does the information break out the top selling models? Which is the biggest seller for honda?

Old 08-17-2005, 07:10 PM
Pro Rider

When the ultra big, ultra fast quads start cutting into their numbers, they will change. In the meantime, buy what gives you the most bang for your buck.>>>>>>>

Quality is remembered long after price is forgotten. I dont necessarily want the biggest or fastest quad built but I do want one of the best built quads. BRP doesn't even register on the market share surveys but I am confident and comfortable with the quality of their product. Honda wouldn't dominate the market if people didn't return to their brand every few years. My #1 concern is probably whether myself and/or friends can go deep into the forest and still make it back without braking down. So far neither of my quads have left me stranded, a few glitches have cut short riding one day but that is fixed. Dead batteries and blown tires don't count [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img])

Old 08-17-2005, 08:57 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: Specta
Redgoblin said; "The sad part about it is, uneducated people will go out and buy a Honda just because it's a Honda."

The sad part is, there are a lot of uneducated people who don't buy the ATV that is right for them, not just people who buy Hondas. We were going to buy a Polaris because our friends had one, I am glad we didn't. What we ended up buying fits what we wanted better than the others. At one time, we were one of those "uneducated" people and we were going to buy a Polaris.
You couldn't be more right I to was an uneducated buyer about a year ago. I almost bought a Banshee, or Predator for my first quad.
But luckly for me my dad got me to buy a LT-Z400. I could not be happier, scense then I have ridden both a Banshee, and a Predator, and while both machines are ok, they do not come close to the Z when you consider the overall package.

Old 08-17-2005, 11:55 PM
Pro Rider

I definitely NEVER bought a Polaris. Let's just get that straight[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]