Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

CTE Rubicon

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2005, 10:18 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CTE Rubicon

Redgoblin - wake up on the wrong side of the bed today or were they showing 2004 World Series highlights last night?

That's fine, but we're not talking about what's practical for you.
and the Rubicon is not on par because its not practical for YOU?

Forgive me if I point out you are taking the intended use of the Rubicon out of context. What is on par to the others? They break as often? You have to fix or replace the belt or other poorly designed feature often? Or that it wouldn't be as slow (yes a King Quad is slow for an ORV) as the others? Or it wouldn't ride worse than the other poorly riding tank like utility quads?

They don't make a fast 4WD ATV that has a moto-X smooth kind of ride. Nobody does, not even the Suzuki 700 is fast. If you think it is, you have lived a sheltered life.

Maybe Honda will design an ATV just for the utility ATV speed demons (what a laugh) out there? 500lb Turbo 800 with 13 inches of travel and a locker? You want fast, ride a motorcycle.

There's just no pleasing some people....

Old 08-30-2005, 01:19 PM
Range Rover
Default CTE Rubicon

motorcycles are fast[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] The Rubicon definately pleases me and is very good at what it is built for.

Old 08-30-2005, 02:23 PM
JRM
Pro Rider
Default CTE Rubicon

propnut, Fast ult quads are in the plans, Yamaha started the fast 4x4 quad race years ago with the wolverine- now that was a sweet quad in its time. I would love a fast NON ULT 4x4..... kinda like a Ralley car!

Old 08-30-2005, 02:56 PM
sab
Trailblazer
Default CTE Rubicon

Redgoblin has done nothing but try to trash Honda since he went over to Suzuki. I guess its a way to justify his purchase. Course I would be pretty fired up if my ECM went bust on the king quad after 14 miles too.

Old 08-30-2005, 05:23 PM
Pro Rider
Default CTE Rubicon

Originally posted by: sab
Redgoblin has done nothing but try to trash Honda since he went over to Suzuki. I guess its a way to justify his purchase. Course I would be pretty fired up if my ECM went bust on the king quad after 14 miles too.
EXCUSE ME. Ask anyone who remotely knows me on this forum or knows anything about what I regulary preach and then rethink what you just said. Don't even come at me without the correct information.

Old 08-30-2005, 05:29 PM
Pro Rider
Default CTE Rubicon

Originally posted by: propnut
Redgoblin - wake up on the wrong side of the bed today or were they showing 2004 World Series highlights last night?

That's fine, but we're not talking about what's practical for you.
and the Rubicon is not on par because its not practical for YOU?

Forgive me if I point out you are taking the intended use of the Rubicon out of context. What is on par to the others? They break as often? You have to fix or replace the belt or other poorly designed feature often? Or that it wouldn't be as slow (yes a King Quad is slow for an ORV) as the others? Or it wouldn't ride worse than the other poorly riding tank like utility quads?

They don't make a fast 4WD ATV that has a moto-X smooth kind of ride. Nobody does, not even the Suzuki 700 is fast. If you think it is, you have lived a sheltered life.

Maybe Honda will design an ATV just for the utility ATV speed demons (what a laugh) out there? 500lb Turbo 800 with 13 inches of travel and a locker? You want fast, ride a motorcycle.

There's just no pleasing some people....
Ok, here's what I've been trying to say all along: REGARDLESS of it's intended use, the Honda Rubicon has, or I'm sorry, FEELS as though it has less power than the Suzuki Vinson. Which machine is more reliable? Definitely the Honda. Which machine is better for a farmer, rancher, hunter, strict utilitarian, etc.? Definitely the Honda. HOWEVER, when it comes down to performance, the Suzuki Vinson has the U.S. Honda Rubicon beat. I'm sorry. If you can't take my word for it, and obviously you can't, refer to the thread "Vinson or Foreman" on this forum. For those of you who think I sit here and talk badly about Honda, you are DEAD wrong. Anyone who claims that has not been on this forum long enough to know what the hell they're talking about. Ask someone who knows me and has an idea of my general opinions and then talk to me. By the way, World Series 2004 highlights? Honestly, what kind of childish statement is that? It has absolutely nothing to do with the topic at hand. If you want to talk baseball, let's do that elsewhere.

Old 08-30-2005, 07:53 PM
sab
Trailblazer
Default CTE Rubicon

I find this rather amusing. ( First off) I don't need to rethink....(but thanks for your help). I have read your post for quite sometime....some are very helpful, some I think are just bitter about a change in brand). (Second Off) I hate to break this to you, but your Opinions are just that...Opinions. And they don't carry anymore weight on this forum than "Joe Blow" which has more experience on this vehicles and less "membership time" on this forum. As for your little cocky remark "Don't even come at me without the correct information."

My information is correct. And YES....I will "come" at you with the correct information when I see and others have that you have inadequately criticize. You want to think that the vinson is better in performance...knock yourself out. But again....its YOUR opinion. And there are others that strongly disagree.TextTextTextText

Old 08-30-2005, 08:16 PM
Pro Rider
Default CTE Rubicon

Hey, you bring up baseball every post!

And you’re still touting performance for a utility quad. What do you mean by performance? That it’s fast like a CR250 (never mind a 500)? No. It rides like a Cadillac? No. I still think you are making a mountain out of a molehill with this whole performance deal.

Old 08-30-2005, 08:46 PM
Pro Rider
Default CTE Rubicon

No, I certainly don't bring up baseball in anymore than I would say.......5% of my posts TOPS. I'm a Cardinals fan and as you can see I make no secret of it, but that doesn't mean I talk about it all the time. If you read any of my posts you'd know that. Performance does not mean a machine's ability to rip the bars out of your hands or ride like it's on air or handle like it's on rails, it means HOW IT PERFORMS. Performance-look it up. EVERY machine from a 50 to an 800 has a performance level to be compared to it's competition.

Old 08-30-2005, 08:50 PM
Pro Rider
Default CTE Rubicon

Originally posted by: sab
I find this rather amusing. ( First off) I don't need to rethink....(but thanks for your help). I have read your post for quite sometime....some are very helpful, some I think are just bitter about a change in brand). (Second Off) I hate to break this to you, but your Opinions are just that...Opinions. And they don't carry anymore weight on this forum than "Joe Blow" which has more experience on this vehicles and less "membership time" on this forum. As for your little cocky remark "Don't even come at me without the correct information."

My information is correct. And YES....I will "come" at you with the correct information when I see and others have that you have inadequately criticize. You want to think that the vinson is better in performance...knock yourself out. But again....its YOUR opinion. And there are others that strongly disagree.TextTextTextText
Your information is that I have done nothing but put Honda down since I bought a KingQuad. THAT is entirely untrue. For the record, you are correct about my opinions being just that; opinions. These opinions, however, happen to be right on par with the majority of the users who understand the subject matter as well as pretty much every ATV publication that has bothered to post a shootout in the 500-class. You can take whatever you want or don't want from my thoughts on the Vinson, but DO NOT tell people that I'm bad-mouthing Honda. I grew up on a Honda and they remain my favorite manufacturer. You guys claim I'm trying to justify a bad purchase in my Suzuki. You're spitting-mad because I've said "hurtful" things about the Rubicon, a machine I've owned and enjoyed myself for years. Seems as though you need to consider yourselves when you want to talk about justifying a purchase.

Quick Reply: CTE Rubicon