Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

CTE Rubicon

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2005, 11:46 PM
sab
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CTE Rubicon

First off let me reassure you...Redgoblin. If you think your opinion stir's enough emotion that it makes us "spitting mad" you really do have a gradndeous opinion of yourself. As far as what the "magazine's" say....I would be much more interested in what the acutualI sales numbers say. I would be willing to bet the rubicon FAR....out sales the vinson. And NO not just because its a HONDA. But that seems to say enough in its self.

Like I said, I have really enjoyed many of your threads (incuding the one about strangest things in the woods). But you have changed your colors over the past two months on what you really belive about Honda and the products.

I could really care less about getting into a pi$$ing match with you. Those are my OPINONS. Like YOURS.

Old 08-31-2005, 12:43 AM
Pro Rider
Default CTE Rubicon

sab, Honda and me are completely fine. I do not make it my goal, unlike many, to put down Honda every single day on this forum. As far as sales numbers go, you're absolutely right, though that has NOTHING to do with performance. It is, indeed, because it carries the Honda name. No doubt, the Rubicon has the absolute best tranny going. Do you really think that's enough of a selling point though? Start an honest thread and ask how many people would buy a Honda just because it's a Honda. The only way my "colors" have changed is that I've sold the Honda and I bought what I consider to be the best big-bore for the money, coincedentally, a Suzuki. This has, IN NO WAY, affected my thoughts, let alone negatively, on Honda. Their quality and reliablity is second to absolutely none. The only way you could possibly interpret my opinions to be biased against Big Red is when I say that with the exception of the 450R, they are down on performance in comparison to the competition RIGHT NOW at this very point in time. I'm sorry, but that my friend, is a fact and not debatable. Once again, I challenge you to post an honest thread asking most people if they think Honda is down on performance when it comes to being competitive, particularly in the utility class. The majority of the educated members of the forum will tell you just as I have: while they are indeed GREAT machines, they are not quite on par with most of the rest of the industry right now. I'm truly very sorry if I've offended you, because it was certainly not my intentions. If I've seemed hostile, I apologize a second time and I must explain this only by saying that what you are claiming about me being down on Honda is just plain untrue and it really does hurt me deep down because Honda will always have a place in my heart for various reasons. Nothing but good experiences from Honda right here.

Old 08-31-2005, 12:48 AM
The Facility
Default CTE Rubicon

sab,

As for your statement directed to RedGoblin........

"(Second Off) I hate to break this to you, but your Opinions are just that...Opinions. And they don't carry anymore weight on this forum than "Joe Blow" which has more experience on this vehicles and less "membership time" on this forum."

I highly disagree with that. If anything, you even making such a comment being a fairly new member yourself was just discrediting yourself.

I don't always see eye to eye with everything RedGoblin says, but I don't follow your example of making the very first post you made here a blatant personal attack on his current brand of choice and what his motives are.

Old 08-31-2005, 12:51 AM
Pro Rider
Default CTE Rubicon

Thank you very much, knowsalot. I really felt like I was being hung out to dry on this one and I was wanting at least one vote of confidence from a veteran member.

Old 08-31-2005, 01:04 AM
sab
Trailblazer
Default CTE Rubicon

I once more have to disagree. Let me preference this with saying I read and followed this forum for many years before feeling I needed to provide some input. So being a "newbie" just by the date to the left is pretty bogus.

But I do believe there are many people out there that are very much the "expert" on these machines, that believe it or not are not members. To actually believe everyone that is "all knowing" is a member of this site or has been a member for ....XXXX years is rediculous.

Just my two cents.

Old 08-31-2005, 08:53 AM
Range Rover
Default CTE Rubicon

Originally posted by: RedGoblin
Thank you very much, knowsalot. I really felt like I was being hung out to dry on this one and I was wanting at least one vote of confidence from a veteran member.
I'll give you my vote too Goblin. Most of us can tell your an intelligent guy and there will never be anything wrong with us dissagreeing on any particular topic. We can tell that you truly are a bigtime Honda guy deep down inside and would likely trade that Zuk on a CTE if you could. I think your main point here (getting back to the topic) is you are pissed by the fact that the CTE is not just the main Rubicon that all countries receive. I don't blame you, it makes no sence unless....Honda was just trying it out in Canada first and soon it will be available in the U.S too! I have not been a member that long either but I have read these threads for a long time before joining and can honestly say that I have not noticed you bashing Honda per say, I just sense a little frustration from you with regard to some issues (like performance) and that's okay.

Old 08-31-2005, 09:51 AM
Pro Rider
Default CTE Rubicon

Oh yes, I'll be the first to admit I'm frustrated with their performance levels on many machines, especially utility, but that should not be taken as "dissing" Honda. That's not my message. I want them to do better and would love to see them truly be "Best On Earth" again.

Old 08-31-2005, 10:32 AM
Range Rover
Default CTE Rubicon

I am a die hard Honda Fan and I will always ride Honda's b/c of their reliability. When you put a machine through the things that I have put mine through over the years and you have not had one major problem, you tend to stick with what works. With that said... I will say that as die hard as I am for Honda, they are behind in "bells and whistles". For "ME" the bells and whistles don't out way the reliability factor enough for me to switch. Now don't get me wrong...I would love a locking diff, and disk brakes on the rear but I spend a lot of time in deep water and mud and I personally would rather have the best tranny in the buisness than a locker. The brakes can be converted and I prefer SRA over IRS b/c of stability and feel on off camber hill climbs. Again this is just "MY" opinion. As good as the belt tranny has become, I have still seen them (05's) slip when they get wet. Everyone has their own opinions and I personally don't care what anyone says about my atv. I choose it b/c it was the best machine for me and I know that it is not the best machine for everyone. I personally don't think that RedGoblin is bashing anything. He has an opinion and he is entitled to it. Just b/c someone may or may not like a particular atv doesn't mean that you have to start a pissing contest with them. Just agree to dissagree and move on.

Old 08-31-2005, 11:55 AM
Pro Rider
Default CTE Rubicon

You know...the biggest problem with opinions on this forum, especially in threads comparing machines is that opinions are usually one sided - towards the machine that the poster owns. The only true words come from people that actually own both machines in question, which is very few and far between.

Red Goblin: you own a King Quad, not a Vinson so I fail to see where you get your opinion of the Vinson from. You owned a Rubicon, but I highly doubt (from reading your posts) that you've speant an equal amount of time on a Vinson to compare the two equally along the same lines that make up performance. You yourself said that performance is made up of more than just power and speed, so have you, yourself personally compared these machines in all the situations that make up performance???

If not, then your argument is based on hear say from other people you know, or reports written by others. Wathcing Judge Judy has convinced me that your argument for the Vinson is inadmissable, but we will accept your views on your Rubicon.

Old 08-31-2005, 12:09 PM
Pro Rider
Default CTE Rubicon

I don't have anything against RG, but I do like civilized debating - maybe with a zinger now and then (#1 in MLB???). I'm just pointing out that RG is wrong to find fault where there is none.

Now I disagree with a couple of you! Performance (look it up RG) is not measured by speed or agility (when you are talking utility). It's the ability to carry out a function. Since when was the Rubicon designed or advertised for speed or agility? What is he asking for? A fast Rubicon? I just want him to stop complaining about nothing important. Might as well complain he can't get one in pink.

I remember reading a few of the rags saying the Rubicon carried a common load on the racks better than any of the competition in the test. Its also touted to have the best slow speed stability, power delivery, and control, and great low end power. It also runs without a hiccup. Exactly what a utility should be judged by. Not by how slow it is compared to brand x and y. Or how smooth it rides with no weight on the racks because you don't use them for anything but a cooler.

If you have a problem with the speed and agility of the Rubicon, you simply bought the wrong kind of ORV - and that's not Honda's fault.

I think some lust over the tranny and think complaining out loud will get Honda to make a sportier quad with the Hondamatic? If so why not just ask, instead of picking on the Rubicon for not being everything everyone wants.

Quick Reply: CTE Rubicon