Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

CTE Rubicon

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2005, 12:33 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CTE Rubicon

Hell of a thread this one is turnin out to be! In my opinion the CTE is now the class leader, and I know it's hard for you guys to know for sure if my opinion is accurate since not many Americans have seen one or had a chance to compare it. I think it would come close to being everything everyone wants, unless ofcourse they need a bigger bore. It is a hair stronger in the speed department and way better in suspension. If they start selling this machine in the U.S I just don't know what more people will expect out of a 500 utility but then again, like propnut said there's just no pleasing some people.
People keep saying Honda is way behind in the technology department as well and that burns me. They probably don't want to go to diff-lock because that could comprimise reliablity of the front end, they work just fine in the mud anyway! Honda's are by far the most REFINED machine built ! Auto manufacturers get praised for refinement but Honda gets dissed for lack of technology on their quads. Refinement is technology, having a diff-lock is a feature not technology. Honda does improve in many ways with each redesign, even if they don't add every feature known to man. The competition does it to try to dipp into Honda's sales....it's that simple.

Old 08-31-2005, 05:26 PM
Pro Rider
Default CTE Rubicon

Originally posted by: action450s
You know...the biggest problem with opinions on this forum, especially in threads comparing machines is that opinions are usually one sided - towards the machine that the poster owns. The only true words come from people that actually own both machines in question, which is very few and far between.

Red Goblin: you own a King Quad, not a Vinson so I fail to see where you get your opinion of the Vinson from. You owned a Rubicon, but I highly doubt (from reading your posts) that you've speant an equal amount of time on a Vinson to compare the two equally along the same lines that make up performance. You yourself said that performance is made up of more than just power and speed, so have you, yourself personally compared these machines in all the situations that make up performance???

If not, then your argument is based on hear say from other people you know, or reports written by others. Wathcing Judge Judy has convinced me that your argument for the Vinson is inadmissable, but we will accept your views on your Rubicon.
I have, in fact, put in what I considered to be enough seat time on a Vinson to get a pretty good feel for it. While riding it, I compared several different attributes directly with the Rubicon that I currently owned at the time and knew like the back of my hand. That is how I came to that conclusion and as far as what the magazines said, they all seemed to be right on par with what I had felt on my "test run."

Old 08-31-2005, 05:43 PM
Pro Rider
Default CTE Rubicon

Originally posted by: propnut
I don't have anything against RG, but I do like civilized debating - maybe with a zinger now and then (#1 in MLB???)
Check the records if it bothers you so much. You keep bringing baseball up, not me.

Old 08-31-2005, 07:56 PM
Pro Rider
Default CTE Rubicon

Take it easy there, but last time I checked the defending #1 team in MLB was not the Cards.

We'll have to wait until later this year to see who ends up #1 in MLB this year.

Maybe #1 in NLC would be a little more accurate...for now. Good luck[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-31-2005, 08:39 PM
Pro Rider
Default CTE Rubicon

Uhhh.....no waiting. They definitely have the best record right now. That's what I mean by #1 in Major League Baseball.

Old 09-01-2005, 09:01 AM
Pro Rider
Default CTE Rubicon

well at least I have a better sense of your logic now

so what's the long term report on the Vinson? How does it hold up. After owning an Artic Cat with a variant of the Vinson motor I was a little worried about longevity.

Old 09-01-2005, 09:52 AM
Pro Rider
Default CTE Rubicon

Don't know. I said it was a bit better than the Rubi in all-out performance. Reliability goes to the Honda between the two. I think sab and propnut would be interested to look at the thread entitled "I Think Honda's Got Some Catching Up To Do." You may then see that I am certainly far from being the only one who has these opinions.

Old 09-01-2005, 10:59 AM
Pro Rider
Default CTE Rubicon

Yup, there's at least one in every crowd. You and dummy4life, a boat I don't want to be in.

Honda has to catch up with their warranty too. Everyone offers a better warranty......

Funny some people jump ship then start firing shots back at their old ship. Why not be happy with your new purchase and leave it alone? You got what you wanted, right? Actually it's sad. Just sail off in another direction. Leave it.....

Old 09-01-2005, 04:43 PM
Pro Rider
Loves riding and can't get enough.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default CTE Rubicon

Originally posted by: PETE16
Second: they added a throttle postion sensor which also improves throttle responce....
Our 01 Rubicon has a throttle position sensor.

We put Maxxis Bighorn Radials on our Rubicon. They improved the ride 110%. If we bought a new Rubicon tomorrow, even a CTE, it would have a new set of Maxxis Bighorn radials on it before it ever hit the dirt.

Old 09-01-2005, 05:25 PM
Pro Rider
Default CTE Rubicon

Originally posted by: propnut
Funny some people jump ship then start firing shots back at their old ship. Why not be happy with your new purchase and leave it alone? You got what you wanted, right? Actually it's sad. Just sail off in another direction. Leave it.....
The thing with that statement is.....I've always had this opinion in my entire time on this forum. Yes, even when I owned my Rubicon. It is not just something that came along after I got the King.