Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

EX or Z

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2005, 04:13 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EX or Z

i dont know about the z400 but my 400ex goes through the trails no problem.they climb steep hills exelent and are really smooth in the trails.so i dont know if i helped alot

Old 12-16-2005, 10:39 AM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default EX or Z

Originally posted by: RIDER11X
Well I gave you some quick examples to wet your appetite, and you don't even appreciate them??????? LOL!
The Z400's in those posts were less than 3 years old and suffering from timing ailments........Not good IMO. My 400ex was raced for over 4 years without any motor work other that oil and filter changes, and one valve adjustment. Not bad at all.
Now, another comparison.........Womens GNCC champ Traci Cecco logged over 300 racing hours on her YFZ450 with no motor problems or failures at all, before rebuild........Most machines log 65-70 hrs per year if ridden often........300hrs of use translates to 4.5 years of use by most people......More than the common less than 3 years on the z400 before problems........And not a Honda........Yamaha is even surpassing Suzuki!....LOL!

BTW, my life is working for Honda as they pay me for every promotoinal post I put up for them to sell their machines.....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Naa, don't think so..... OK, my life is to annoy that talk bad about Honda......Naa! I just try to help other riders by using my experiance, and learn from others at the same time on the forums....Take for what you want.........It makes no difference to me at all. Really.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

LMAO!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] What is wrong with you??? Now you think a YFZ450 is more reliable than a Z?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] Either you are very ignorant about atv's, or else you have some weird reason to bash the Z's. In about every thread asking about a Z400, plenty of people start talking about the proven reliability of this machine. Think about it, a YFZ450 motor is built for race purposes, and Z400 engine is built for more trail oriented purposes, regardless of brand it is obvious which motor would give you less fits.

Once again, get some real world experience with these machines, you will learn lots if you are capable of learning.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 12-16-2005, 05:33 PM
Pro Rider
Default EX or Z

[quote]
Originally posted by: motox26

LMAO!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] What is wrong with you??? Now you think a YFZ450 is more reliable than a Z?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] Either you are very ignorant about atv's, or else you have some weird reason to bash the Z's.
It's called blind honda loyality. The z is better than the ex in everyway. Handeling, suspension, speed, acceleration, dohc vs sohc, liquid cooling vs oil cooling, looks, and price. Only blind loyality would make someone choose an ex over a Z.

Old 12-16-2005, 06:57 PM
Range Rover
Default EX or Z

Originally posted by: motox26
Originally posted by: RIDER11X
Well I gave you some quick examples to wet your appetite, and you don't even appreciate them??????? LOL!
The Z400's in those posts were less than 3 years old and suffering from timing ailments........Not good IMO. My 400ex was raced for over 4 years without any motor work other that oil and filter changes, and one valve adjustment. Not bad at all.
Now, another comparison.........Womens GNCC champ Traci Cecco logged over 300 racing hours on her YFZ450 with no motor problems or failures at all, before rebuild........Most machines log 65-70 hrs per year if ridden often........300hrs of use translates to 4.5 years of use by most people......More than the common less than 3 years on the z400 before problems........And not a Honda........Yamaha is even surpassing Suzuki!....LOL!

BTW, my life is working for Honda as they pay me for every promotoinal post I put up for them to sell their machines.....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Naa, don't think so..... OK, my life is to annoy that talk bad about Honda......Naa! I just try to help other riders by using my experiance, and learn from others at the same time on the forums....Take for what you want.........It makes no difference to me at all. Really.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

LMAO!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] What is wrong with you??? Now you think a YFZ450 is more reliable than a Z?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] Either you are very ignorant about atv's, or else you have some weird reason to bash the Z's. In about every thread asking about a Z400, plenty of people start talking about the proven reliability of this machine. Think about it, a YFZ450 motor is built for race purposes, and Z400 engine is built for more trail oriented purposes, regardless of brand it is obvious which motor would give you less fits.

Once again, get some real world experience with these machines, you will learn lots if you are capable of learning.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
The YFZ info is real world facts..........directly from Traci herself.....

BTw SOHC vs DOHC...........the Sohc works well in the 450R.

Old 12-16-2005, 11:50 PM
Pro Rider
Default EX or Z

I own a kfx 400, with absolutely NO problems!!!. FOR 3 YEARS!! What midnite said is true. Pure honda loyalty. Anyways if you wanted a true unbiast opinion you should have posted this question in the sport quad section NOT the honda section.

Old 12-17-2005, 04:11 AM
Range Rover
Default EX or Z

Am I Honda brand loyal? You better believe it!!!! I have owned all Honda's except one Yamaha dirt bike that was alot of problems for me, and a KTM thay I actually really liked. All of my Hondas treated me very well, and got me though some amazing situations, and appeals to my thought on machines..........I'd rather sacrifice some power and fancy extras, to have a super reliable long lasting machine.......That is MY idea of a perfect machine, not everyone's opinion by far..........If you feel the way I do, Honda will serve you well.....If not, buy something else, and enjoy![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 12-17-2005, 10:46 AM
LTZ
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default EX or Z

Don't forget that along with all the timing chain failures all the Z's have weak frames that will crack if you bounce up and down on them real hard!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 12-17-2005, 12:33 PM
Pro Rider
Default EX or Z

If you are in to steep hill climbing you better look at the cost of parts. Body, steering shaft and so on.
The Honda factory parts cost a lot less to replace than the Z400.

Z400 Front fender $256.
Z400 Rear fender $206.
Z400 Steering shaft $166.
Z400 Sub frame $348.
Total $976.00

400EX Rront fender $100.
400EX Rear fender $124.
400EX Steering shaft $65.
400EX Sub frame $237.
Total $526.00

This is one of the reasons I bought a 400EX the up keep and repairs cost a lot less.

Old 12-17-2005, 02:21 PM
Range Rover
Default EX or Z

Originally posted by: Harw
If you are in to steep hill climbing you better look at the cost of parts. Body, steering shaft and so on.
The Honda factory parts cost a lot less to replace than the Z400.

Z400 Front fender $256.
Z400 Rear fender $206.
Z400 Steering shaft $166.
Z400 Sub frame $348.
Total $976.00

400EX Rront fender $100.
400EX Rear fender $124.
400EX Steering shaft $65.
400EX Sub frame $237.
Total $526.00

This is one of the reasons I bought a 400EX the up keep and repairs cost a lot less.
Very true, considering I was keeping a spare steering shaft in my shop at all times because I loved to hillclimb on mine.............And sometimes, well, things just go wrong.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img] I was getting mine throuh Planet Honda for under $60 at the time. I just considered it the cost of playing.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 12-18-2005, 12:52 AM
Pro Rider
Default EX or Z

Ha ha, thats funny. Choosing a quad based on the price of replacement parts, that you may never buy. If thats such an issue in choosing a quad, I'm sure replacement parts for trx 90 are cheaper than a 400ex. So using that logic, trx90 is better than 400ex. LOL