Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

EX or Z

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2005, 10:49 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EX or Z

Great post 1bad450r, I agree with everything you said.

Old 12-18-2005, 10:57 PM
Pro Rider
Default EX or Z

Originally posted by: KyJoe340
Exactly my point, in tight situations in the woods I want very predictable power. The Z is great in more open situations. In the woods I have to feather the clutch too much. I used to race hare scrambles and that type of riding appeals to me. With smooth boring power you are less likely to smack a tree.
The last 2 years in a row, the gncc series champion has riden a yfz 450. If this style of racing apeals to you, I'd **** can that ex. Unless your into just puttin around and coming in 37th.

Old 12-18-2005, 11:07 PM
Trailblazer
Default EX or Z

Good point but I'm 42 yrs old and I'm really not fast anymore just kinda quick. The good news is I can run in the senior class. The YFZ is appealing to me but maybe too much bike for me now, I can't afford to get hurt. I am going to race a couple of times in MSWS (mid south winter series) but I'm there mostly for the thrill. I will say back when I was racing serious the man to beat was 40 yrs old, Chuck Dullulo (spell?). That was in the early '90's.

Old 12-19-2005, 03:26 AM
Range Rover
Default EX or Z

Originally posted by: KyJoe340
Good point but I'm 42 yrs old and I'm really not fast anymore just kinda quick. The good news is I can run in the senior class. The YFZ is appealing to me but maybe too much bike for me now, I can't afford to get hurt. I am going to race a couple of times in MSWS (mid south winter series) but I'm there mostly for the thrill. I will say back when I was racing serious the man to beat was 40 yrs old, Chuck Dullulo (spell?). That was in the early '90's.

LOL! You probably lost over 75% of the readers on here with the mention of that name! Only us older guys know names like that! Sounds like maybe you were one of the Blackwater cometitors?

Old 12-19-2005, 09:40 AM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default EX or Z

Originally posted by: RIDER11X
Inferior? When is the last time a Z400 won the Baja 1000? Ok, name one team that ever raced a Z400 at a Baja 1000 event..................[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] Yeah, I thought so.

Considering that Honda and Bomboardier are really the only 2 manufacturer's that put a serious money and effort towards baja, I'd say one of those two brands is going to win the ATV class. Do you really think any other current quad couldn't make it if they had the right backing? Oh wait, your the guy who thinks a yfz is more reliable than a Z.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] lol

And since this has turned into a brand loyalty thread, I will say it again. I am a little bit biased towards Honda, look at what I race, but I will never make up stuff to make them look better, like some is doing in here.

Old 12-19-2005, 01:47 PM
Range Rover
Default EX or Z

Originally posted by: motox26
Originally posted by: RIDER11X
Inferior? When is the last time a Z400 won the Baja 1000? Ok, name one team that ever raced a Z400 at a Baja 1000 event..................[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] Yeah, I thought so.

Considering that Honda and Bomboardier are really the only 2 manufacturer's that put a serious money and effort towards baja, I'd say one of those two brands is going to win the ATV class. Do you really think any other current quad couldn't make it if they had the right backing? Oh wait, your the guy who thinks a yfz is more reliable than a Z.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] lol

And since this has turned into a brand loyalty thread, I will say it again. I am a little bit biased towards Honda, look at what I race, but I will never make up stuff to make them look better, like some is doing in here.
It's not like most of the teams are factory backed teams, as alot of them are private individuals that go in with other members of the team to make the commitment. I have just never seen a Z400 compete, let alone finish high in the standings.......Say top 10.
AND, neither the 400ex nor the YFZ had to go back to the drawing board to fix chassis problems related to frame failures...........LOL!

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 12-19-2005, 02:13 PM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!
Default EX or Z

Granted, I believe Honda machines would be my choice for the baja as well, but the reason you see so many Honda's is because Honda still backs those smaller teams a little bit, mainly with pitting. Privateers still use Honda's pits. Again, you don't know what your talking about.

Not to mention the DRZ400, the dirtbike cousin of the Z400, is bullit proof as well and that machine has ran baja AND finished in previous years.

Oh yeah, the Z400 must have a lot of problems. Considering it has sold more units in the last couple of years than any other sport quad, AND Suzuki doesn't have nearly as many loyalist as Honda and Yamaha do!.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] I thought I would never own a Suzuki before my Z I used to have.

Old 12-19-2005, 02:19 PM
Range Rover
Default EX or Z

Oh yeah, the Z400 must have a lot of problems. Considering it has sold more units in the last couple of years than any other sport quad, AND Suzuki doesn't have nearly as many loyalist as Honda and Yamaha do!.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] I thought I would never own a Suzuki before my Z I used to have.

I'd like to see your proof of more z400 sales than 400ex, or even 300ex. Bring out the proof.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

We'll be waiting for a link or something to factual proof on this claim. This ought to be good.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 12-19-2005, 02:34 PM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!
Default EX or Z

LMAO, you actually think a 300ex and 400ex has sold more units than a Z400 in 2004 and 2005? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] Come on man, get with the times, dealers don't even pre-order a lot of EX's anymore because they just don't sell like they used to. There is more out there just because they used to be 2 of the best buys out there, but as far as units sold in recent years, well, they just don't anymore. Every hot shot wants the latest and greatest, so most of the sales go to the 450's, Rappy, and Z400. There is no more reason for me to try and educate you a little, your ignorance is oozing out of your ears. I just hope there isn't any poor suckers out there that listen to your unknowing statements.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

And BTW, I like how you have dodged everything you can't think of an argument against. It's ok, a lot of people have trouble admitting defeat.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 12-19-2005, 02:54 PM
Pro Rider
Default EX or Z

LMAO, you actually think a 300ex and 400ex has sold more units than a Z400 in 2004 and 2005? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] Come on man, get with the times, dealers don't even pre-order a lot of EX's anymore because they just don't sell like they used to. There is more out there just because they used to be 2 of the best buys out there, but as far as units sold in recent years, well, they just don't anymore. Every hot shot wants the latest and greatest, so most of the sales go to the 450's, Rappy, and Z400. There is no more reason for me to try and educate you a little, your ignorance is oozing out of your ears. I just hope there isn't any poor suckers out there that listen to your unknowing statements.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

And BTW, I like how you have dodged everything you can't think of an argument against. It's ok, a lot of people have trouble admitting defeat.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
I usually don't side with any one company but you are being a total disgrace to honda and honda riders everywhere. I think I am going to be sick. There is nothing wrong with being open to other companies but damn. I think that you should think about selling your hondas to someone that will appreciate them. geeeezz..