EX or Z

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2005, 03:18 PM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default EX or Z

Originally posted by: 1bad450r
I usually don't side with any one company but you are being a total disgrace to honda and honda riders everywhere. I think I am going to be sick. There is nothing wrong with being open to other companies but damn. I think that you should think about selling your hondas to someone that will appreciate them. geeeezz..
How do you figure? I never said anything that wasn't true. The ex's doesn't sell like they used to. If you have seen me in other posts I always praise the 300ex and 400ex, they are a great reliable machine for trail riders. I am simply saying the accusations being thrown at the Z400 is foolish. So how is that a disgrace to Honda? Please explain.

And keep in mind we are not talking about Honda as a whole, just a few Honda and Suzuki units here. Everything I own, I own because I feel it is the best machine for the purpose I bought it for. I can go on all day on why I love each machine I have in my stable, including the 400ex. Im just trying to keep other people from taking in false info.

Old 12-19-2005, 03:23 PM
RIP Dear Friend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EX or Z

Forgive Mo26, its an old people issue.

One thing though when I went to the local Honda dealer the other day I was shocked at all the new 04 model 400ex's sitting around and many were still stacked in there crates.

400ex would be good for old people because it wouldn't jerk there teeth around or maybe even out because of the less power.

Old 12-19-2005, 03:32 PM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!
Those 6-packs work pretty good.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default EX or Z

If you buy the EX, you'll love your EX. If you buy a Z, you'll love your Z. Pretty much sums it up, doesn't it? Suspension, ergonomics and handling are all pretty subjective. And not everybody races. Been my experience there isn't enough difference in power to make up for the riders ability or lack thereof.

With that said, given equal pricing I'd personally buy....neither. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 12-19-2005, 03:47 PM
Pro Rider
Default EX or Z

Originally posted by: motox26
I usually don't side with any one company but you are being a total disgrace to honda and honda riders everywhere. I think I am going to be sick. There is nothing wrong with being open to other companies but damn. I think that you should think about selling your hondas to someone that will appreciate them. geeeezz..
How do you figure? I never said anything that wasn't true. The ex's doesn't sell like they used to. If you have seen me in other posts I always praise the 300ex and 400ex, they are a great reliable machine for trail riders. I am simply saying the accusations being thrown at the Z400 is foolish. So how is that a disgrace to Honda? Please explain.

And keep in mind we are not talking about Honda as a whole, just a few Honda and Suzuki units here. Everything I own, I own because I feel it is the best machine for the purpose I bought it for. I can go on all day on why I love each machine I have in my stable, including the 400ex. Im just trying to keep other people from taking in false info.
What is false that was stated about the Z-400? Timing problems??? They have them.. Corrosian??? Another problem.. Cracked frames?? Yup thats a Z/KFX for you.. If you want a good beginner/intermediate track bike or awsome play/trail machine the 400ex is the way to go. Not to mention the dependability of the EX is outstanding. If you want more than that, I dont see why you would take a little tiny step up in power and jump on a Z, especially with the problems that it has. If I wanted something better/faster than the 400ex I would definatly be looking for a 450, Raptor or a Preddy but surely not a Z. And the only reason Doug is still riding that damn Z is because Suzuki has taken there sweet a$$ time with there 450. Once again the EX is a better trail machine than the Z, the Z gets spanked on the track by the 450's and seems to recieve quite a few stiff slappings through the dunes and at the drag strip by the 450's, Raptors, Preddys, DS650's and Shee's.

Old 12-19-2005, 04:04 PM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!
Default EX or Z

Originally posted by: 1bad450r If I wanted something better/faster than the 400ex I would definatly be looking for a 450, Raptor or a Preddy but surely not a Z.
That's what I was thinking.

So how far along are you on that atc500r? CR500 motor?

Old 12-19-2005, 04:28 PM
Pro Rider
Default EX or Z

Originally posted by: Raptorlegs
Originally posted by: 1bad450r If I wanted something better/faster than the 400ex I would definatly be looking for a 450, Raptor or a Preddy but surely not a Z.
That's what I was thinking.

So how far along are you on that atc500r? CR500 motor?
As for the ATC500R its coming along slowly, using the cr500 frame, 400ex/cr500 hybrid swingarm, and most of the 250r parts in the front end. Should be nice when done. Thinkin about starting another little project, dropping the old school "Polanda" engine into the atc250r frame which should be an interesting drag machine.

Old 12-19-2005, 04:41 PM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default EX or Z

As for the ATC500R its coming along slowly, using the cr500 frame, 400ex/cr500 hybrid swingarm, and most of the 250r parts in the front end. Should be nice when done. Thinkin about starting another little project, dropping the old school "Polanda" engine into the atc250r frame which should be an interesting drag machine.
Well that sounds like a pretty cool project. I seen you had a topic on it over in the trike section. Be sure to get some pics up when you have some of it finished.

What is a Polanda?

Old 12-19-2005, 04:47 PM
Pro Rider
Default EX or Z

The Polanda engine is actually a Polaris 400 top end mated to the Honda 250R bottom end. Its a pretty nice fit when finished and I have heard from different people that when running a decent intake, exhaust, port and polish the engine is capable of producing 60-70+ HP on pump gas. I just posted a pic of the engine on my picture page but I guess its gonna take a few minutes to get approved or whatever.

Old 12-19-2005, 05:36 PM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!
Default EX or Z

Sounds pretty cool 1bad450r. Looking forward to seeing it. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 12-19-2005, 06:13 PM
Pro Rider
Default EX or Z

Yeah I'll keep you guys posted. That pic of the Polanda engine is up on my picture page if anyone wants to check it out. (Pic #3, third engine from the left)