Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Auto Tranny or Shift for Reliability?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2006, 12:13 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Auto Tranny or Shift for Reliability?

It's just most sport quad riders I've seen on these forums all seem to think they're the hottest thing since electricity. To tell you the truth it gets on my nerves.

Old 02-06-2006, 12:16 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ToughGUY2169
It's just most sport quad riders I've seen on these forums all seem to think they're the hottest thing since electricity. To tell you the truth it gets on my nerves.
Mine too [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
I ride with some sport quad folks who are pretty cool......they shine in some areas....and we shine in others......but we are all out riding thru the same stuff all day. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-06-2006, 01:22 AM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: Kodiak660
Originally posted by: Ganggreen
Two different worlds buddy. A auto trans on a car still has a gear box and wet clutch, not a big fat power robbing cvt rubber band! Ive ridden all these so called "manly" 700cc+ ute quads and havent been impressed with any of them. Maybe when the manufacturers start putting a wet clutch on these quads they will start to put out the power that a 750 should make!
Shows how much you know.....the Yamaha autos and the suzuki autos that have the suzuki motor all use a wet clutch.
Let me get you on a tough 3 mile climb of 3,500 ft and see if your in the right gear at all times........
Some parents shouldnt let their kids use the computer. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Oh wow! You really look like an idiot now!!! Do you even know what a constant mesh wet clutch is?!! Yamaha, Suzuki, Kawasaki, and Polaris use a cvt rubber band belt system for there fully auto quads. NOT A WET CLUTCH.

Old 02-06-2006, 01:52 AM
Range Rover

On a side note I love utility quads. The argument is that a full auto cvt quad does not have the better design over a semi auto or manual shift machine. They are more compact, lighter, and put out more horsepower to the rear wheels. Your not dealing with a novice here. Ive been into bikes,atvs, watercraft for 25 years. So go play games with other members.

Old 02-06-2006, 02:13 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Kodiak660
Two different worlds buddy. A auto trans on a car still has a gear box and wet clutch, not a big fat power robbing cvt rubber band! Ive ridden all these so called "manly" 700cc+ ute quads and havent been impressed with any of them. Maybe when the manufacturers start putting a wet clutch on these quads they will start to put out the power that a 750 should make!
Shows how much you know.....the Yamaha autos and the suzuki autos that have the suzuki motor all use a wet clutch.
Let me get you on a tough 3 mile climb of 3,500 ft and see if your in the right gear at all times........
Some parents shouldnt let their kids use the computer. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Oh wow! You really look like an idiot now!!! Do you even know what a constant mesh wet clutch is?!! Yamaha, Suzuki, Kawasaki, and Polaris use a cvt rubber band belt system for there fully auto quads. NOT A WET CLUTCH.
Shows how much you know......not all belt drives use a slipping belt to take off with.......do a little research......or do I have to supply you with links?

Old 02-06-2006, 02:16 AM
Pro Rider

On a side note I love utility quads. The argument is that a full auto cvt quad does not have the better design over a semi auto or manual shift machine. They are more compact, lighter, and put out more horsepower to the rear wheels. Your not dealing with a novice here. Ive been into bikes,atvs, watercraft for 25 years. So go play games with other members.
ROTFLMAO!
Your a novice if you didnt know Yamaha and suzuki use a wet clutch between the crank and primary pulley of their belt drives.
Bring it on with your so called 25 years.
I have boots older than that. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-06-2006, 02:17 AM
Range Rover

LMAO!! Oh yes please do! If it has a cvt then it uses a rubber belt. Go on do the research........

Old 02-06-2006, 02:18 AM
Pro Rider

LMAO!! Oh yes please do! If it has a cvt then it uses a rubber belt. Go on do the research........
If I show you will you go away?

Old 02-06-2006, 02:22 AM
Pro Rider

LINK 1
Go to that link and click on 2003....then click on a 660 grizzly....click on clutch and look at #1-#7

Old 02-06-2006, 02:22 AM
Range Rover

Still waiting..........

Quick Reply: Auto Tranny or Shift for Reliability?