ATV anti theft

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2006, 07:20 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ATV anti theft

Originally posted by: v2rider
Originally posted by: Fourtrax300
I keep my ATV in the garage and if we are going to be gone I hide the key. I will also chain it to other things just to make it harder to take. I WAS covered by my home owners up until last year. I have state farm and we received a notice saying that any vehicle, including ATV's, were NOT covered by home owners for anything anymore. The notice indicated to get individual insurance for those items. Well the other items I have in my garage are fully insured with either actual cash value or agreed value but the ATV only has liability on it. The full coverage for an '88 is too expensive and then it will only cover up to about $1,100.00.
Hey i just saw you had a fourtrax 300. Me to! Mine is a 93, and they are indestructable i tell ya! I still like the durability of hondas, but went with AC for ground clearance, speed rack, diff lock, and other features. Big difference from that 300 to my 650V2! But I dont think anything will outlast a fourtrax
v2rider,
Yea I really like mine. I bought it used in 1990 from the original owner. They purchased it for their little girl and decided it was just too much for her so they decided to sell it. When I got it, they hadn't even had enough time to break it in. It had just been driven around in the yard a bit. I really don't use it all the much either. I do use it about twice a week in the winter. I have a small Craftsman trailer I pull to the wood pile and then back to the garage. I also keep it waxed and polished in the summer. Heck. it is just like a new one. I would like to have a bigger model but I just cannot make myself sell this one. If I could I would really like to just keep this one and buy another. I am really impressed with the 500 Foreman. That would be perfect for me. My garage is heated and cooled for my cars so the ATV gets to enjoy the climate controlled storage also!!

Old 02-18-2006, 09:43 PM
Range Rover
Default ATV anti theft

heres a link to alarmed locks ,floor anchors,cables,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

http://www.bikesax.com/Merchant2/mer...y_Code=DSL-XEN

Old 02-19-2006, 02:36 AM
SFA
Range Rover
Default ATV anti theft

Originally posted by: Fourtrax300
and if we are going to be gone I hide the key.

Hiding the key is almost pointless on a lot of models...if you follow the 2 wires coming out of the switch you will see they are just plugged together, simply unplug the switch and plug the two wires into each other and it will fire right up.

Old 02-19-2006, 01:39 PM
Pro Rider
Default ATV anti theft

do a Google search for "anchor concrete motorcycle".

make 'em work for it!