Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

My first ride on the new Rincon.

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2006, 09:08 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default My first ride on the new Rincon.

I took my first ride on the new Rinny all day yesterday with about 10 other riders. I was very impressed on what this machine would do. I heard that they were under powered for a 650 but I just cant see how that is. This thing rips. Stands the wheels straight up with no problem, I can beat my friends SP600 easily, stay with my friends SP700 and Grizz up to about 60-62mph then they creep by slowly. It handles pretty good but seems to dip into turns a little much. Maybe because of the tires. I really have to get used to it shifting but in esp I could cruise in 2nd or 3rd without even shifting. It was able to pull the wheels up over woops and ride wheelies. The front feels very light almost sport quad like. I think it has great power but the suspension in front is soft and bottomed out a few times. The stock tires are terrable. They seem to roll too much and traction is crap. I have a set of ITP Mudlite XL's ont he way. My expectations were alot lower prior to my ride because of what I have heard here but I am very impressed. I made the right choice. You can tell that alot of quality was put into this machine. I have not read anything about motors blowing up, trannies going out, axles breaking or suspension problems. So its not the biggest baddest big bore out there but it just may be the most reliable.

Old 02-20-2006, 11:18 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by: 2manytoys
I took my first ride on the new Rinny all day yesterday with about 10 other riders. I was very impressed on what this machine would do. I heard that they were under powered for a 650 but I just cant see how that is. This thing rips. Stands the wheels straight up with no problem, I can beat my friends SP600 easily, stay with my friends SP700 and Grizz up to about 60-62mph then they creep by slowly. It handles pretty good but seems to dip into turns a little much. Maybe because of the tires. I really have to get used to it shifting but in esp I could cruise in 2nd or 3rd without even shifting. It was able to pull the wheels up over woops and ride wheelies. The front feels very light almost sport quad like. I think it has great power but the suspension in front is soft and bottomed out a few times. The stock tires are terrable. They seem to roll too much and traction is crap. I have a set of ITP Mudlite XL's ont he way. My expectations were alot lower prior to my ride because of what I have heard here but I am very impressed. I made the right choice. You can tell that alot of quality was put into this machine. I have not read anything about motors blowing up, trannies going out, axles breaking or suspension problems. So its not the biggest baddest big bore out there but it just may be the most reliable.
You haven't read anything? I have read some about the older model trannys, and let me say not all has been positive. Now is when propnut chimes in with his cvt bashing attitude. But other than that I would say excellent machine. Got some nut, sporty feel, and it's a honda. How can you go wrong with a honda? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-20-2006, 11:29 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

The only thing that I have read is about the oil seals to the torque converter going bad and making it slip. They said it is fixable and only cost a few bucks for the newer seals. The BF was one of my first choices but could not find a deal on them. I could not even find any left over 05's. The power on that thing is awsome. I was also riding with a guy that had the new bomb 800. That thing is scary fast. He could do about 10mph, hit the throttle and the front would come straight up. Tons of torque down low and all the way up. He said it took him a while to get used to the power.

Old 02-21-2006, 03:52 PM
Pro Rider

Doesn't matter have fun with your new ride man. Good luck!

Old 02-21-2006, 03:54 PM
Pro Rider

I could of found you a 05 used in Maine for cheap. Saw one in Uncle Henry's for 6k, and it had a winch, plow, and tires. Owell.