Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

i know its honda forum thats why im asking here: which one is better DVX or Predator?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2006, 06:10 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i know its honda forum thats why im asking here: which one is better DVX or Predator?

hello, i want to buy new quad and my options where i live (israel) are DVX/Predator/DS650. im asking here because i guess the answer wont be effected from any other thing then the truth.
anyway i dont want the DS becuase it dosent have reverse and its big quad and i iliek it small and more sport feeling.
so what that left for me is the DVX and The Pred.
just wanted to know what you think and why you think it...speed/power/price/etc everything please!

Thanks!

Old 03-17-2006, 06:45 AM
SFA
Range Rover
Default i know its honda forum thats why im asking here: which one is better DVX or Predator?

I had the Kawasaki version of the DVX....KFX 400, there the same thing minus the hideous DVX plastic. And I really liked it...decent power, easy to use reverse, handled well, good brakes, decent suspension and it was reliable, I never had a problem with it. Plus it doesn't have an overly complicated steering setup like the Polaris...it's much lighter then the Polaris and I think it's cheaper then the Polaris. I would say go DVX.

Old 03-17-2006, 07:39 AM
Range Rover

isnt it a bit weak ? becuase people says the pred is much stronger? is it true ? because it weight is alot more then the dvx,
also which one can be moded better?

Old 03-17-2006, 08:23 AM
SFA
Range Rover

The best thing would be to ride both of them and see which one you like more. I can type til my fingers fall off about how I like the DVX better but you may like the Polaris better after riding them, it's really about which one you find fits you better.

Old 03-17-2006, 10:13 AM
Range Rover

well, i just want the one with the best performence, for trials/speed/power

Old 03-17-2006, 12:45 PM
Range Rover

I would definately go with the DVX. I am not sure if the DVX comes with the same shocks as the KFX & Z400, but the predator is a heavy quad. It has a very powerful powerplant and handles well, but it is not as much fun as it seems. If you have ever ridden a heavy quad you'll know what I mean. The Predator is just not as snappy as the DVX will be. If you like riding wheelies, the Predator is the wrong move. Just my two cents.

Old 03-17-2006, 01:12 PM
Trailblazer

i would go with the pred i have a few friends with them and they are great quads. but if you are going to get a DVX i would just get a honda 400ex. they are a little cheaper and an awesome trail quad. the 400ex is a great 400 class quad and also the DVX is really hard to find parts for.

Old 03-17-2006, 01:14 PM
Trailblazer

o im sorry i dint see the first post. if you had to chose between the DVX or the pred i would go with the pred

Old 03-17-2006, 02:33 PM
Range Rover

i still didnt decide but i think that i will go with the DVX and will do thies mods (Sawon ebay):
"KIT INCLUDEDS ALL PARTS NEEDED TO TURN YOUR 400 INTO A FIRE BREATHING 440CC MONSTER! CYLINDER WILL NEED TO BE RE-SLEEVED. INCLUDE:440 PISTON,TOP END GASKET KIT AND CYLINDER SLEEVE.THIS IS THE 12.5:1 KIT.AND BOTH INTAKE AND EXHAUST HOTCAMS FREE SHIPPING"
+ full Exhaust system + fillter
i think i will beat atleast stock pred? right?

Old 03-17-2006, 03:20 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Knows Old ATV Questions!
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well, if the power is that important to you, just buy the Pred. Unless you can do ALL the work yourself, labor charges and what not may almost double the cost of the kit, plus being in Israel it will be that much harder to get a rebuild kit if you ever need a new piston and what not. Personally I like both quads, but it seems a shame to do so much to a brand new motor jus to stay even with a mostly stock Predator.

Quick Reply: i know its honda forum thats why im asking here: which one is better DVX or Predator?