Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Rancher wreck...damn

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2006, 03:07 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rancher wreck...damn

Yesterday a buddy of mine was riding my rancher and wrapped it around a tree and had to go to the hospital (he was wearing a helmet). There was some extensive damage (trashed bumper and rack, slight frame, and light suspension damage) to the front end but seems somewhat drivable. My question has to do with insurance. I have insurance but have never made a claim before. I am looking for advice from people who have had this happen to them and how they handled it. I thought about running it off a cliff to finish the job ...lol.. but the old lady gave me that look...I am sure you all know what I am talking about.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Old 04-02-2006, 04:14 PM
Pro Rider
Runs a 730 kit from OMW with web109's and a 48mm lectron. It has some serious torque!

it always sucks to hear about somebody wrecking a quad, but atleast your friend is alright

Old 04-03-2006, 02:10 AM
Pro Rider

well, you might not want to tell them that your friend did it. you could tell them that it was stolen and you found it.

if they find out your friend was riding it and you gave him permission, they might deny coverage. You could just say you were riding it, but then you bear the grunt of it if they find out you frauded them..

anyways, just call your insurance and say you want to file a claim. If you want it totalled, just tell them the frame is bent over the phone, 90% of the time they will just total it right then and there, nobody will come out to look at it. If you want them to fix it, tell them you dont know how much damage there is and they will send somebody out. I totalled my first rancher when i rolled it down a hill of asphalt, and it sat crooked, they never came to look at it, just came to pick it up and sent me a check in the mail.

My rates didnt go up either

Old 04-03-2006, 03:22 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I'd have to respectfully disagree. Somewhere in a jail near you is an inmate named Bubba who is lonely and needs a cellmate. Though defrauding the insurance company would make Bubba happy, I don't think you want to go there. Your buddy likely already told the hospital how he was injured...

I'd call my insurance guy, and talk to him/her about filing a claim and what it would do to your rates... Then decide whether you want to file, or take care of it yourself.

Hopefully your friend has insurance, and hopefully you have medical/liability on your quad...

Old 04-03-2006, 02:16 PM
Trailblazer

well if i were you i would make my buddy pay for your rancher. yeah im sorry he had to go to the hospital hey, he was probly f-ing around on purpose and it wasnt a freak accident, maybe it was but people usally crash cuz they are screwin around. if the insurance wont cover it make him pay. theres no reason you should have to pay for the damage wether or not you said he could or couldnt ride it. its his fault not yours. if he refuses to pay you if the insurance doesnt cover it, put him back in the hospital, if you know what i mean[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]