Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Friends without ATV's

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2006, 02:13 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Friends without ATV's

We all have this problem.. Have any of you convinced a buddy to buy a quad?

This is a major problem for me.. 1 day a week off.. 1 chance to ride that week. I dont like riding 2 people to a quad cause it aint really fun and its more dangerous on diffucult terrain. The riding area is 30 miles away and i got load it up etc..

What do you do when you got friends or family over who like to go riding and you only got one ATV?
My wife doesnt have a quad but wants to go riding and so do friends etc..But only one quad and 4 people makes it kinda diffucult.. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Maybe I should hide my ATV when friends and family come over... I feel like they come to visit the quad instead of me. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Old 04-21-2006, 09:45 AM
Pro Rider

When I met my g/f...I owned a 95 Yamaha Kodiak and we would ride together on her mom's land(230 acres) together and it didn't take her but one ride to convince her to buy an atv. As a result, she bought an 04 Bruin and we haven't looked back. She loves riding through water and mud as well as anyone else.

It sure helps when your friends or significant other has their own atv.

Old 04-21-2006, 09:55 AM
Pro Rider
Sound advice there. "Hey, watch this........"
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My brother has owned ATV's for about 3 or 4 years longer than I. Used to be, about twice a year, we'd go on a ride - riding double. I always looked forward to it and it was fun, but it was still riding double. It did, at least, get me interested in ATV's plus he let me drive most of the time while he played passenger. Finally, about a week before one of our scheduled bi-annual rides, I was talking to a friend about our planned ride. This guy owned an ATV but rarely used it. He convinced me to borrow it. When my brother showed up that weekend, I had a Warrior sitting in the back of the truck all ready to go. We had a blast - much more fun that the riding double thing. I bought my first ATV the next week. Now it's ten years and 8 ATV's later - safe to say that he convniced me to get into ATVing.

The biggest thing is that he let me drive. I'm not sure if I would have pursued it as much or had as much fun if all I got to do was hang on the back while he drove.

Jaybee

Old 04-21-2006, 10:06 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

Used to only have one atv in the family (mine). At family get togethers, it was a pain, waiting to ride my own atv. But, they all did eventually buy their own, and it was worth it. Now we can go camping and riding, or just group riding at the get togethers. Even the kids wound up getting their own.

Old 04-21-2006, 11:13 AM
Range Rover

i had 2 friends used always ride my rancher now they both have bought their own atvs.

Old 04-21-2006, 01:28 PM
Range Rover

Had a freind up a short while back to shoot guns. I got the four wheelers out to ride to our shooting spot. I forgot my hearing protection so I cut the shooting time down and told him we need to go riding. We only went for about a half and hour but I took him through some water and some climbs he thought those things would never make. He called me a couple days leter saying he had no idea how much fun those things could be and has been pricing all kinds of four wheelers, has the bug pretty bad[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-22-2006, 01:58 AM
Quad Patrol

We started out with just one quad and usually borrowed another friend's quad to go riding as a couple or with one of the kids. Now, we own enough quads for everyone in the family and an extra 400L for family or friends that might join us on a ride. Just gotta becareful if you loan a quad out. We had a friend not listen[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] and roll our quad. He ended up having shoulder surgery[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]