Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Making my Honda badass in the mud.

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2006 | 06:07 PM
|
Trailblazer
Default Making my Honda badass in the mud.

I have an 05 foreman es with 26" vampires I was thinking of getting a snorkel I just need one for the air box and the exhaust right, lift 2" or is there a bigger one, possibly get a detroit for the front, synthetic winch cable, as far as the engine I don't know what to do to make it have more nut that is where I need some suggestions and prices. Is there any way I could make it as mean as like a stock bf750 or is that just crazy thinking. Anyone with photos of there mean hondas are welcome to show them I don't have a camera or I would, thanks.

Old 07-05-2006 | 06:20 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Making my Honda badass in the mud.

I am preparing my 06 rincon for some serous mud also.27"mudlites.no lift but I am having to change the front inner fender brace to eliminate a small rub when turning tight.As far as the winch goes I am going to experiment with something diferent.I heard that the winches dont hold up to the elements like serious mud and water ,so I am buying the winch bracket and will try to weld a reciever onto it .then I can be pulled out from either end.Also I will try to mount a winch on a plate that will slide onto the reciever so I can get the winch out when its needed and put it away in rear trunk box and keep it in good shape.This also provides the option of sharing a winch with other machines.Another concern is mud clogging the radiator fins.I have bought a small 12 volt pump like rv's use and rigged a screened intake so I can stop and wash the mud off my radiator wherever I can find water.We ride in some serious mud down here in florida.When I get things rigged up I can get some pics.good luck