idiots at it again

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2006, 02:45 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default idiots at it again

Originally posted by: Raptorlegs
Originally posted by: JLsparky7
More harsh punishment would work.... for the child and the parent.... Fine the parent and make the kid do community service.
I disagree. The parents may have done nothing wrong. Community service for the kids would be good though.
Its the parents resposibility as parents to raise there children and teach them not to do stupid things like that, they should have. What should have happened in the kids head when they looked at that quad is wow, my dad will beat my a$$ if i get on this thing and take it on city streets, not to mention if i throw 2 of my buddies on and none of us wear helmets.

Old 08-04-2006, 02:51 PM
Pro Rider

The least they could of done was wear helmets! The best thing they couldve done is not do that at all!

Old 08-04-2006, 02:52 PM
Pro Rider

Its the parents resposibility as parents to raise there children and teach them not to do stupid things like that, they should have. What should have happened in the kids head when they looked at that quad is wow, my dad will beat my a$$ if i get on this thing and take it on city streets, not to mention if i throw 2 of my buddies on and none of us wear helmets.[/quote]

Now, that I agree with. My kid wont think twice about going without me, without gear, or riding with passengers. Im not perfect but I do my job as a parent and mentor of safe/legal riding. These idiots are just giving all the ATV haters more ammo to outlaw kids from riding at all. (Thanks a lot guys!!!)

Old 08-04-2006, 03:32 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Hondanutcase
Its the parents resposibility as parents to raise there children and teach them not to do stupid things like that, they should have. What should have happened in the kids head when they looked at that quad is wow, my dad will beat my a$$ if i get on this thing and take it on city streets, not to mention if i throw 2 of my buddies on and none of us wear helmets.
Now, that I agree with. My kid wont think twice about going without me, without gear, or riding with passengers. Im not perfect but I do my job as a parent and mentor of safe/legal riding. These idiots are just giving all the ATV haters more ammo to outlaw kids from riding at all. (Thanks a lot guys!!!)[/quote]

Props to you for being a good parents, need more of you in this world.

Old 08-05-2006, 01:15 PM
Trailblazer

Since it said parents didn't know they were technically riding illegally anyway. You are suppose to be 16 when riding a 4 wheeler and if younger under supervision. So it doesn't really give people bad names it just gives the parents a bad name for not taking the key out of the 4 wheeler.

Old 08-05-2006, 07:34 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thats pretty stupid right there. 3 people riding w/ no helmets, on 1 quad! Who knows if they ever rode a
quad.

Old 08-06-2006, 12:36 AM
Pro Rider

Minnesota you have to take a ATV safty training if born after 1987. I have three kids an not one of them would ever take one of the ATV's I have out with out asking first. An I do make them where helmets an if a friend is around they have to where a helmet to if they want to ride on my ATV's. It is the Parents job to get the respect of there kids for them to ask first.