Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

top end gaskets ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2006, 10:41 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default top end gaskets ?

im going to be getting new top end gaskets for my atv .. had a blown base gasket so im getting it honed re ringing it and changing all gakets and what not.. what im wondering .. is i keep finding a cometic 22 dollar gasket kit everywhere i go . seems kind of cheap in price and im wondering would that be ok to go with ? the only other ones i can find really are the moose for like 64.. and the vesrahs for like 75... but the complete gasket sets only ten more in the vesrahs .. i dont get that ... any suggestions here ? do you peoples think i would be ok to go with the 22 dollar cometics and be alright . this is on a yammaha warrior.. i know you guys are probably going to say go to the yamaha forum.. but ive been comming to this forum about my 200sx for a while now and im kind of partial to the honda forum as well as hondas in general.. however i got a screamin deal on a warrior so i picked it up .. Thanks for any help

Old 08-15-2006, 11:12 PM
Range Rover

make sure you are looking at the same gasket sets. $22 sounds like a top end gasket kit whereas the others sound like complete engine kits. cometic is a great company and i recommend them if they have what you need. worst comes to worst, talk to a dealer and see what they say. they deal with stuff like this everyday, so they should know

Old 08-15-2006, 11:19 PM
Trailblazer

the 22 dollar one is from rocky mountain.. dennis kirk has the same one for like 26.. and the vesrah top end is like 75 bucks at dennis kirk and they dont have it at rocky mountain.. im thinking about just going with the cometics and callin er good.. it would pry work just fine .. i dont get why the vesrah top end set at dennis kirk is only ten less then the complete